How can a person handle this heat?

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
I've been trying to work outside and can't handle the heat and humidity. It's an even 100` and 57% humidity in the shade. My eyes are burning from sweating, I've changed clothes and showered twice already today. I feel for the working folks in this kind of heat.

Summer work in Michigan for me is usually a two shower day. But I sweat just looking at the sun. Can't imagine what you southerns have to deal with!

TGF the picture below look like those people were staying cool as there is not much way. The best way the last few days here is work early of the mornings and late evening. Where you are at it may even be too hot for that as hopefully all summer long want be this hot. These poor people that make a liven out in it all day I feel for them.

jltrent":3a8ize2i said:
Carry an umbrella and wear clear easy changing clothing and cotton underwear..........

9452.jpg
I don't think they come in my size.

True Grit Farms":2yrrlyza said:
I've been trying to work outside and can't handle the heat and humidity. It's an even 100` and 57% humidity in the shade. My eyes are burning from sweating, I've changed clothes and showered twice already today. I feel for the working folks in this kind of heat.
That's the problem. You're not use to it. Do it everyday and you become acclimated. Doesn't make it much easier but I can still faintly remember doing it many years ago.

True Grit Farms":a6py6b8m said:

That low humidity would be nice in this rain forest.

i remember some Yankees stopping at the dealership a few years back in a motor home..stepped out, and said,my gawd how do you guys stand this intense heat? :cowboy: """"air you can wear"""

skyhightree1":8psxw0o7 said:
M-5":8psxw0o7 said:
enjoy it while you can, before you know it We will have on so many clothes we cant move.

id rather be cold I hate the heat and agree with TGF

:nod: :nod: Same here! I'd rather be cold. I can always find ways to get warm. But cooling off...…… aren't many options here.

ALACOWMAN":27gcj9m0 said:
i remember some Yankees stopping at the dealership a few years back in a motor home..stepped out, and said,my gawd how do you guys stand this intense heat? :cowboy: """"air you can wear"""

Get under 40 degrees getting to cold to hunt here.

Caustic Burno":2yjrydej said:
ALACOWMAN":2yjrydej said:

Get under 40 degrees getting to cold to hunt here.
I can come in and cool off my outside in a few minutes..but it takes a lot longer to warm up into the bones ,sometimes it seems to take half the night to warm back up...

Best way to feel what the weather is like here.take a 5 gallon bucket and wet the inside good... turn it upside down in the sun for 10 minutes..turn it back over and stick your head in it....thats it ..

I'm with TGF. It's brutal here. Start early and try to be done by around 1. Go home and do paperwork or something inside and then take a nap. Then go back out around 5-6 and finish up with whatever. I've been here 37 years and I haven't got acclimated yet. I can put on more clothes. Folks get real particular when you take off too many :hide:

ALACOWMAN":2dzlcf9z said:
Best way to feel what the weather is like here.take a 5 gallon bucket and wet the inside good... turn it upside down in the sun for 10 minutes..turn it back over and stick your head in it....thats it ..

Great description add five degrees for the jungle. You better get after it here from daylight till about 1pm. Then you better retreat to the A/C.
Road crews working the night shift here now.

Hook2.0":1frv342e said:
I'll take cold over heat. You can only take so many items of clothes off before getting into trouble. At least if it's cold you can keep putting more clothes on
But your in Florida.folks break out the parkas when it gets down in the 60s...

Latest posts