How can a person handle this heat?

Help Support CattleToday:

We spent the past 4 days in Rhode Island. I never thought about it - but when you have 95+ weather with EVERYTHING pavement & concrete, it is pretty miserable. My poor dogs were burning their feet. My little Schnauzer figured out real quick - go outside, do what he had to do, then ran back to the door to get back into air conditioning.
Got home, had 1+" of rain while gone (yeah!!), then during the night we got .6" rain and high today maybe mid 70's and WINDY. Wild weather swings.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":luut7vhd said:
We spent the past 4 days in Rhode Island. I never thought about it - but when you have 95+ weather with EVERYTHING pavement & concrete, it is pretty miserable. My poor dogs were burning their feet. My little Schnauzer figured out real quick - go outside, do what he had to do, then ran back to the door to get back into air conditioning.
Got home, had 1+" of rain while gone (yeah!!), then during the night we got .6" rain and high today maybe mid 70's and WINDY. Wild weather swings.

It's been hot enough here that the sun will turn a wrench to a branding iron in minutes.

Caustic Burno":2v112sqp said:
1982vett":2v112sqp said:
Guess it decided to pull over and take a rest... still not here but back to 100% chance. :D

We're at 1.6 inches since this started mostly slow soaking rain.

:D
wish we could get some soaking rain. We got 6.50 in just a few hours then a couple days later 2.50 in probably an hour that's the way its been all year. A flooding down pour then 5 miles down the road a sprinkle, at least our ponds are full.

We had the terrible high temps in the mid 90's last week. Sun beating down and really tough. I spent hours each day raking hay as we had 135 +/- acres down at 11 different fields; from 3 to 25 acres per place. It was hotter than a fart in a skillet on the 4600 ford with the big wheel rake. No canopy or cab or anything. One day I raked for 2 hours, finished one place and took about an hour or so off and then went back to go to the next place as I was getting overheated. Got some showers on Friday like they were calling for but not anywhere near what they said right here. Some places got right much but we only got a quarter inch. It sure cooled off though. Sat was beautiful & temp got down to 55 last night, and clear crisp 87 today with no humidity. Supposed to be creeping back up but the past 2 days have been PERFECT weatherwise. We can use some rain again, just planted the grain sorghum last week, and the hayfields would really benefit from a good soaking to get 2nd cutting jumping; but we will take what we can get. At least we are not suffering like some of the areas with no rain extreme temps, no hay and no grazing.

Just be glad you are not wearing body armor, carrying a ruck and a rifle while walking on rough ground in a "vacation location" looking for a bad guy or three - drink lots of water and suck it up - because the next thing you know a bunch of folks will be complaining about the cold.

Best to all.

This should keep you cool.........check the tail light out........who needs OEM

e9JtlhO.jpg

Slick:
According to the thermometer on our front porch, we've been over 100F for over a week now, but only from about 3pm-6:30pm or late afternoon when the sun drops below the trees.

Ours has been bouncing around this past week staying mainly below 100 most of the time. Doesn't look at tho that will be this case this coming week.

jltrent":zl70euex said:
This should keep you cool.........check the tail light out........who needs OEM

e9JtlhO.jpg

I believe if I had money for a window unit and a generator plus gas, I'd save a little bit more and upgrade cars!

slick4591":d4in8cpy said:
Unfortunately our mid to upper 90's is leaving us for a few days.

We are supposedly having an unprecedented cold front next week. Highs between 88-92. I'm gonna have to find my jacket.

Ouch. They got us at 102 for Saturday and Sunday. I'm probably going to regret not cutting hay yesterday just because it only hit 98 for a short time yesterday. I cut Friday and plan to bale it tomorrow so Tuesday before I cut again. If I start early maybe I can get it cut before it gets to hot but that puts me baling in 100 degree temps.

I know the hay people here don't want any rain since they're cutting too but that 10 day forecast without any chance is not good for me.

Latest posts