How 'bout this breed - Western Diamond Back

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
3,439
Reaction score
2
Location
Texas Panhandle On US 83
Something's not right here!

There is no way that guy (considering his build, etc.) could lift a 97 lb. snake at that forward angle...duh!

My guess is, if photo was not photoshopped or weight was wrong, that snake probably weighed between 10 and 20 lbs...

So much for accurate reporting...
 

grannysoo

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
4,813
Reaction score
0
Location
The Briar Patch
Where's all the bullet holes and why is his head still attached? I know if I had stepped on a 100 pounds snake, I would have reloaded and done him again to make sure he was dead!
 

Alan

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
9,515
Reaction score
4
Location
NW Oregon
Running Arrow Bill":3ci2djrj said:
Something's not right here!

There is no way that guy (considering his build, etc.) could lift a 97 lb. snake at that forward angle...duh!

My guess is, if photo was not photoshopped or weight was wrong, that snake probably weighed between 10 and 20 lbs...

So much for accurate reporting...

Bill, good eye, the pic has got to be fake, look at how relaxed his hands are and his smile. He is lifting something small. There is no way he is picking up and holding a 100lb item at the end of a rod and at least not gritting his teeth.

I'll post a pic of the 300lb trout I caught yesterday.... give me a few days ;-) .

Alan
 

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
1
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I have seen that one many times in the last yr

that is like the big hog that was in the loader bucket of the kubota tractor everyone was saying it was killed in Texas, georgia and everywhere else, the hog was actually killed near Okahumpka Fla. by a friend of mine I seen the actual photo's and I have been to where it was killed
 

mnmtranching

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
5,061
Reaction score
1
Location
MN
This is BAD photo shop. There ain't no way in that position, a person lift 100 pounds. Not even a NFL linebacker could lift with a stick out in front of him like that, very awkward.
And look at the guys left hand, got some severe birth defects. Got some extra fingers there, going in the wrong direction. :cry2:
 

alacattleman

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
4,141
Reaction score
0
Location
heart of dixie
mnmtranching":3n7l6wnc said:
This is BAD photo shop. There ain't no way in that position, a person lift 100 pounds. Not even a NFL linebacker could lift with a stick out in front of him like that, very awkward.
And look at the guys left hand, got some severe birth defects. Got some extra fingers there, going in the wrong direction. :cry2:
photo could have been shot in tenneesee then :cowboy:
 

HOSS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,348
Reaction score
2
Location
Middle Tennessee
That little aluminum grip assist device that he has will not hold 100 pounds. This is one of those AS SEEN ON TV grip extenders. I have been to the factory in Zuhai, China were these are manufactured and you can be assured that they will not hold 100 pounds of weight. You can also tell that the depth is of in relation to the snake and the guys forearm. Definetly a photoshopped pic.
 

alacattleman

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2006
Messages
4,141
Reaction score
0
Location
heart of dixie
there use to be a photo of a ol black man over in georgia with a rattler over his shoulder, one end touching the ground and the other this thing looked big around as your leg in the middle this was a old photo.. ive tied too find it on the net.... can't
 

talldog

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Location
Willard, North Carolina
HOSS":at2oz9jq said:
That little aluminum grip assist device that he has will not hold 100 pounds. This is one of those AS SEEN ON TV grip extenders. I have been to the factory in Zuhai, China were these are manufactured and you can be assured that they will not hold 100 pounds of weight. You can also tell that the depth is of in relation to the snake and the guys forearm. Definetly a photoshopped pic.
Better be careful with them chineeeeeeese !! :wave:
 

R.T.

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
271
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
I have seen this photo before. You can check the
"snopes" website and get the real story on this
shot. I think the buildings in background are oil
fields.
R.T.
 

WindyHillFarm

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Levy County Florida
Angus Cowman":272zncn3 said:
I have seen that one many times in the last yr

that is like the big hog that was in the loader bucket of the kubota tractor everyone was saying it was killed in Texas, georgia and everywhere else, the hog was actually killed near Okahumpka Fla. by a friend of mine I seen the actual photo's and I have been to where it was killed



Whoa!!! Check this out!!!


THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN FlORIDA


97 lb rattlesnake found in Dixie County , Florida just north of Cross City
This snake was recently found near an old chicken house just north of Cross City , Florida
image0011.jpg


9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs. - Biggest rattler found in Florida since Ross Allen captured one in 1969

that measured 9 feet, 1 inch also but only weighted 78 lbs. This old guy was found inside a open

water tank near an abandoned chicken house.
 

jedstivers

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
1
Location
Marianna Arkansas (East Central)
alacattleman":19urp2bj said:
there use to be a photo of a ol black man over in georgia with a rattler over his shoulder, one end touching the ground and the other this thing looked big around as your leg in the middle this was a old photo.. ive tied too find it on the net.... can't
Whats even stranger than a snake that size is a ol black man that would put it over his shoulder, I've been around black folks all my life and I ain't seen one that would do that.
 
Top