How 'bout them hawkeyes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Iowa-angus":v3rn0uj7 said:
9-0!!! Indiana, just like michigan state, you've been STANZIED!!!!!

IU? You beat IU? I bet you beat St Mary of the Woods too. IU is getting better, but they are a long way from serious about football. Iowa is good, I'll give you that.

I'll cheer for the Hawks, but really they haven't had to play anyone really hard yet. They are good but I don't know how they will do once they run into somebody else that is good. I don't think they should be placed as 4th though they should probably be closer to 8. I go to ISU yes i know i cant talk as we suck but if we win one more game they might make it to a bowl. Which is pretty good for ISU since we suck.

We beat more people than just IU. And have you forgotten Michigan state? They got stanzied also!!!

Well I may be biased, but I am enjoying and basking in the glory that is an undefeated season. There are always bashers, but I don't care. We're 9-0 so suck it. :D

Awe, that was a spoiler.. :frowns:

I wouldn't be so bummed about losing if stanzi wasn't gone... Thats going to be a big hit to the team.. :cry2: Rose Bowl baby! :nod:

i would say the worst bowl we would go to would be the outback bowl. I still think that if we can upset ohio state, we have a clear shot at being in a parade surrounded by flowers.

warpaint":2gem0o1d said:
Iowa-angus":2gem0o1d said:
were going to the orange bowl! GEORGIA TECH WILL FEEL OUR WRATH!!!

I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate Tech. They always have an excellent program. ;-)

As a lover of my Ducks, I have kept my eye on the Hawkeyes and also felt they hadn't played any real tough teams. But they are a team that seems to pull out the win. Should be a good game against Georgia Tech..... but now your playing a very good team! Unlike Boise St. who played one good team and won :cry2: . I don't think the Hawkeyes can get past them at this point... no offense but I do love college ball and follow it like a religion.... much to the dismay of my sweetie. :D

We should take care of Ohio St. in the Rose Bowl, I don't think they can handle our speed and we are very healthy going in..... Oh and looking to next year, we have 4 seniors that will be gone that either start or contribute. The team of 105 players has 15 seniors total.

I Love My Ducks!

Alan

Hey Boise State beat your ducks...give them credit. Even beat'em with the cracker jack running back in the backfield..the one that went ballistic afterward and in the process almost turned the quarterback into a "quitter". They can't help it if nobody wants to play them.

TexasBred":1a3irrff said:
Hey Boise State beat your ducks...give them credit.

Unlike Boise St. who played one good team and won :cry2:
That is the reason for the tears, yes they beat us on the ugly blue (smurf) turf. But bottom line is they beat us as did Stanford and Toby Gerhart. They do get some credit, but unlike TCU who did they play? They beat TCU they get credit. A win against a opening day rusty team gets them SOME credit but they never had to back it up.

Even beat'em with the cracker jack running back in the backfield..the one that went ballistic afterward and in the process almost turned the quarterback into a "quitter".

I feel that Blount's (the cracker jack running back) actions was a unexcussable, and he got what he earned, an 8 game ride on the side lines in his senior year. He paid more than most kids do at this level, he got in for a few plays in the final regular season game.

They can't help it if nobody wants to play them.

Who Boise State? I know they do have a tough time getting teams to play them because they are so good and I really don't have an answer to that. But with the screwed up BCS how can you be ranked ahead of teams that play nationally ranked teams several times a year? Not just one.

Alan

OK, time for my annual rant about the BCS.
First we'll argue about who gets invited, because it's all subjective. Then the games will be played. Then there will be a vote to decide who is #1.
A tournament gives you a winner on the field and is the reason for the immense popularity of the NCAA Basketball Tourney and the NFL playoffs. Win or go home. When some no sense blowhard says his team is better than yours--you point to the SCORE.
While the BCS rakes in the dough, I think they are leaving hundreds of millions on the table. I'm not likely to watch any bowl games. My team is staying home, hopefully getting their act together.
If it were basketball, I could see a Boise St. play their way through and I might get attached to them. The prospect that the underdog might win is a driving force for TV viewers. With the BCS, the only people who are going to watch Boise St are the alumni. No offense to Boise St, but it's a small audience. Heck, even Texas or Alabama alumni is a small audience (although advertisers like the demographic).
Get a playoff.

john250":15l6w2ak said:
OK, time for my annual rant about the BCS.
First we'll argue about who gets invited, because it's all subjective. Then the games will be played. Then there will be a vote to decide who is #1.
A tournament gives you a winner on the field and is the reason for the immense popularity of the NCAA Basketball Tourney and the NFL playoffs. Win or go home. When some no sense blowhard says his team is better than yours--you point to the SCORE.
While the BCS rakes in the dough, I think they are leaving hundreds of millions on the table. I'm not likely to watch any bowl games. My team is staying home, hopefully getting their act together.
If it were basketball, I could see a Boise St. play their way through and I might get attached to them. The prospect that the underdog might win is a driving force for TV viewers. With the BCS, the only people who are going to watch Boise St are the alumni. No offense to Boise St, but it's a small audience. Heck, even Texas or Alabama alumni is a small audience (although advertisers like the demographic).
Get a playoff.

I've been yelling this for years..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I agree 100% Make it an 8 or 10 team playoff, because of BCS greed, millions of $$$$$ and fans are gettin left behind.

JMO,
Alan

Alan":1vhqn499 said:
warpaint":1vhqn499 said:
Iowa-angus":1vhqn499 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to underestimate Tech. They always have an excellent program. ;-)

As a lover of my Ducks, I have kept my eye on the Hawkeyes and also felt they hadn't played any real tough teams. But they are a team that seems to pull out the win. Should be a good game against Georgia Tech..... but now your playing a very good team! Unlike Boise St. who played one good team and won :cry2: . I don't think the Hawkeyes can get past them at this point... no offense but I do love college ball and follow it like a religion.... much to the dismay of my sweetie. :D

We should take care of Ohio St. in the Rose Bowl, I don't think they can handle our speed and we are very healthy going in..... Oh and looking to next year, we have 4 seniors that will be gone that either start or contribute. The team of 105 players has 15 seniors total.

I Love My Ducks!

Alan

Michigan state
penn state
and kind of
wisconsin
Indiana
michigan
not so much
Iowa State
Northern Iowa
Minnesota

That enough for ya? And we got beat by Ohio State IN OT. BY A FIELD GOAL. and we were 17 point underdogs!

Alan":3o4i3428 said:
warpaint":3o4i3428 said:
Iowa-angus":3o4i3428 said:

I Love My Ducks!

Alan

Michigan state
penn state
and kind of
wisconsin
Indiana
michigan
not so much
Iowa State
Northern Iowa
Minnesota

That enough for ya? And we got beat by Ohio State IN OT. BY A FIELD GOAL. and we were 17 point underdogs!

hard teams. they were saying that Iowa was mediocre because they hadn't played any hard teams. There you go...

Latest posts