how are everyone's loved ones over seas doing

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Hello all, I was after an update on all the loved ones that are out there fighting for our right to express our opinion. God bless them!

Fortunately, my son is stateside now. He has been to Afghanistan twice and was in Iraq at the beginning of the war. Don't know when he will have to go back but I'm not looking forward to it...too stressful

You dang right my son was on the way to Turkey at the start of the war. If you remember Turkey turned our boys away. I wasn't terribly upset. My son is an E-4 USAF firefighter and EMT. What branch is your son.

Campground,

He's also in the USAF. He's in SPECOPS and assigned to an Army Ranger battalion. He goes in with the Rangers and when they get in trouble, he calls in the air support.

Forgot to ask, Is he planning on getting on with a Fire Dept. when he gets out? Or is he planning on doing a full stint?

Been on the fire dept. for 26 years and it's not a bad job.

ffscj":1ztq5y49 said:
Forgot to ask, Is he planning on getting on with a Fire Dept. when he gets out? Or is he planning on doing a full stint?

Been on the fire dept. for 26 years and it's not a bad job.

He's planning on going to work for Houston, they have already approached him on appling when he gets out in Sept 05. He is a level 7 firefighter whatever that is. All I know is that is that he is an EMT and crew chief with all of his hazmat qualifications.

I think he'll enjoy it. I almost applied for the Houston FD years ago but ended up staying in FL.

My son came into town today and stopped by to see me at the station. He told be that he is going back to Afghanistan again soon. Great...another stressful four months.
[/quote]

My son is with the 39th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry division, in Baghdad.Was supposed to be coming home on R&R at the end of this month but he thinks their leave has been cancelled. I read on the net where Iran is massing troops along the border with Iraq, I don't know what is going on, but it doesn't souond good. This is probably the reason they are reducing the troops in Korea by 1/3 and pulling the two divisions out of Germany and sending to Iraq.

Latest posts