Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
this is my new bull 22 months old - braford 5/8 hereford x 3/8 brahman
100_0524.jpg
[IMG]
this calf is 4 months old out of my big bull
[img][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/jcarkie/100_0520-1.jpg[/img]

i like brafords as well as any one and better than most ;-) but that bull? i would love to say if you like him thats all that matters... but i can't i just can't

I'm just curious...what do y'all not like about that Braford?

i like the bull for the most part tho i'm not gravy about his sheath or depth. i too think he will develop more.

Ill start with the most obvious. the sheath. the butt. too light muscle. he might be aright on above average none indicus cattle. but not on mixed

ALACOWMAN":16rpoql5 said:
Ill start with the most obvious. the sheath. the butt. too light muscle. he might be aright on above average none indicus cattle. but not on mixed
Thanks. I did notice that sheath...I was just curious as to what else.

Beefy":3mi85377 said:
i like the bull for the most part tho i'm not gravy about his sheath or depth. i too think he will develop more.
Oh and thanks Dun.

That bull looks better on dialup. You get the title this calf is 4 months old and the picture of the bull before the first pic loads. :lol:

Have to agree with the consensus on the bull, a little light even in his working clothes for a 22 mo. old.

The calf, however is great at 4 mo's. Would like to see a pic of it's sire. Would think strongly about weaning it soon, as it's near as big as mama. Don't know what your pasture and rain situation is there, so JMO.

it was pretty dry here until this last weekend and we have had about 5 inches of rain
here are some other calves out of my big bull, i sold him last month he got in a fight with the neighbors bull
100_0518.jpg

]
100_0523.jpg
[/img]
100_0522-1.jpg
[/img]

I am not to crazy about the bull, but thats because you didn't take a great picture from a good angle. Get us a side view and a picture from the hindquarters, then I will tell you if he is any good or not. Nice looking calf, so the bull must be pretty good, but then again the calf could have gotten on its thickness from the dams side. Has your bull been breeding many cows? How many cows do you breed your bull to? Looks like to me that he isn't a big enough frame to fit my likings. :cboy: