How about some odd and funny town names

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill, you just beat me to Blue Eye, other Mo towns close to here are Quail Spur, Possom Trot, Oto, and Horney Buck. These are just wide spots in the road, now

chrisy":3ifivt7t said:
a few places here in England....
Fingerinhoe...
Six Mile Bottom...
Booze Moor...
Brown Willy...
Cockermouth...
Great Cockup...
Little Cockup...
Horneyman...
Lickey End...
Long Bentonlong
Twatt
Chuffing H e l l

and my two favourites.....

Giggleswick and Wigglesworth
There are three villages between Salisbury in Wiltshire and Andover (where the tax people live) in Hampshire, called Upper Wallop, Middle Wallop and lower Wallop I never did find out who had all those wallopings :D

andybob":3i4ut04x said:
chrisy":3i4ut04x said:
a few places here in England....
Fingerinhoe...
Six Mile Bottom...
Booze Moor...
Brown Willy...
Cockermouth...
Great Cockup...
Little Cockup...
Horneyman...
Lickey End...
Long Bentonlong
Twatt
Chuffing H e l l

and my two favourites.....

Giggleswick and Wigglesworth
There are three villages between Salisbury in Wiltshire and Andover (where the tax people live) in Hampshire, called Upper Wallop, Middle Wallop and lower Wallop I never did find out who had all those wallopings :D

Hey Andy you know this little Island...I hadn't finished my list I had them to put down on the next lot, Wiltshire and Hampshire such lovely places. Did you or have you been to Stonehenge in Salisbury?......I live in Salisbury Avenue no where near the Plain'......Chris....

a few more places....

where I live Barking....

Kidderminster....
Shitlingthorpe....
Suttle....
Goinislong....
Wisbech pronounced Wizbeach...
Eckerslyke......
Scarfell Pike....

Chrisy, for a while I was living in Swindon and commuting to a farm near Salisbury, so was passing Stonehenge daily, I managed to rent a house in Bowerchalke while managing an outdoor pig unit there, then in Broadchalke while managing another farm for the same company, we eventually bought a house in Salisbury which was central to the farms I managed, and not too far from the company head office in Andover. Some of the most beautiful countryside on the chalk downs.

andybob":1v9oguye said:
Chrisy, for a while I was living in Swindon and commuting to a farm near Salisbury, so was passing Stonehenge daily, I managed to rent a house in Bowerchalke while managing an outdoor pig unit there, then in Broadchalke while managing another farm for the same company, we eventually bought a house in Salisbury which was central to the farms I managed, and not too far from the company head office in Andover. Some of the most beautiful countryside on the chalk downs.

Nice place Swindon....did you see the White Horse of Uffington Hill? it amazes me everytime I see it, as to how they got it so perfect.....My cousin had a Strawberry and Gooseberry farm in Wiltshire, used to go there a lot when I was small.

Texas
Banana
Blackbutt - About an hour from me

All in my home state of Queensland, Australia

There's more that I've forgotten :p

milkmaid":3ry1p332 said:
Picabo, ID

(pronounced peekaboo, in case you're wondering ;-))

I remember reading about that town, MM. It seems they had a problem with the nurses working in the intensive care unit at the local hospital. They were complaining that people laughed at them for answering the telephone....

"Picabo, I.C.U."

chrisy":2y1220x2 said:
Nice place Swindon....did you see the White Horse of Uffington Hill? it amazes me everytime I see it, as to how they got it so perfect.....My cousin had a Strawberry and Gooseberry farm in Wiltshire, used to go there a lot when I was small.
Yes I found the chalk figures fascinating, the white horse, Cerne Abbas giant, and the Fovant badges were all situated on various routes I took regularly. When we ran the North Devon herd and outdoor piggery at Sarum Farm, we were shown the results of over 100 excavations done on the farm, all very fascinating, and we often found medieval coins and jewelry on a field where the market had been, and roman coins near to Sarum Castle. There is a cannon barrel buried on Sarum farm, this is thr reference point from which the whole of England was surveyed. (sorry for hijacking the thread everyone.)

Huntersville. Anybody have a Huntersville? We have a small mostly abandoned town near here know as Huntersville.

Dog Lick, MD'
Dog Tick MD outside of Balt.

Pigpen, UpperPigpen, and LowerPigpen, NC...think I would prefer to live in Upperpigpen.

Egypt, NC
Kantagree, NC (cant-agree?)
Wing, NC
The Beauty Spot, TN and NC border
Loafers Glory, NC

What I love about Bristol is you walk on one side of the street and you are in Virginia, walk to the other side...and your in Tennessee.....wonder if the cops gotta stop after you robbed the bank on one side and flee to the other?

I know that Intercourse etc has been done to death here, but think about it......on one side of Intercourse is Blue Ball (s), and on the other is Paradise Pa...........kinda ironic on simply which way you turn the wheel. By the way, if ever in SE PA. Paradise has a pretty big and muti-day livestock sale on Rte 30 .... good place to check out. :roll: :cboy: