How about posting some Cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":byk333ak said:
good looking heifer kners.......say that aint a pigmy hidein' in that brush is it :help: :p

I still have my head (I know I could have fooled you) so atleast it isn't a head hunting pygmy.

dun":2z0e1idv said:
6 year old commercail Red Angus. Average calving interval for 5 calves 366 days, easy cow to AI and settles first service, calves wean in the top 10%

Nice looking cow. Do you know her weight and frame size?

Ned Jr.":2z0e1idv said:
One of my favorites.

Very nice. Same question, do you know her weight and frame size? Thanks!

ArmyDoc":3jedijey said:
dun":3jedijey said:
6 year old commercail Red Angus. Average calving interval for 5 calves 366 days, easy cow to AI and settles first service, calves wean in the top 10%

Nice looking cow. Do you know her weight and frame size?

Ned Jr.":3jedijey said:
One of my favorites.

FS 6 a month post calving 1430 lbs

Here are some pictures of some cows that have been on grass for a month now, we had a ruff winter so I am fairly happy with their condition overall.

A group of cows
IMG_5572.jpg

A marshall daughter
IMG_5573.jpg

A marshall daughter
IMG_5564.jpg

A marshal heifer, was on grass all summer and rye for the winter. I am very pleased with her growth and fleshing ability.
IMG_5568.jpg

A Red tornado daughter, the dam of the above heifer
IMG_5562.jpg

A radar heifer calf (here you go Jeff) she is as fancy as can be
IMG_5570.jpg

An M326 daughter, dam to the above heifer
IMG_5571.jpg

A lot of pictures, sorry to those with dial up!

dun":2032zibe said:
FS 6 a month post calving 1430 lbs

Her current calf was 87 lbs BW on 3/23 on 4/24 weighed 214. Sired by Feltons Domino 774

ArmyDoc":15fsfz69 said:
Ned Jr.":15fsfz69 said:
One of my favorites.

5/17/08 she weighed 1440 lbs. I'd guess her around a 6 frame. She's a six year old cow.

Thank you.

Thanks for the comments, we are pretty happy with them this summer.

There have been a lot of good looking cattle posted on here

Matt

Glad that pasture is working for you the cows look good take care of my halves:) Glad to see you finally had some good Marshals hit the ground and looklike they will work fou you. I cant remember did we breed both the cow and the heifer? I have slept since May just not much this week. I am looking forward to putting marshal back on my 326 granddaughters out of Radar Ribeye and Sargent. My Ribeye calves I saw tonite look great.

Jeff

S&S Farms":32frnim3 said:
Matt

Glad that pasture is working for you the cows look good take care of my halves:) Glad to see you finally had some good Marshals hit the ground and looklike they will work fou you. I cant remember did we breed both the cow and the heifer? I have slept since May just not much this week. I am looking forward to putting marshal back on my 326 granddaughters out of Radar Ribeye and Sargent. My Ribeye calves I saw tonite look great.

Jeff

Please post a few pics of them

Jeff just the cow was bred, I think we bred her to Rib eye, right?

I really like some of the marshals that I have, the good ones seem to be the best cows I have.

IF you get a chance post some pics of the rib eyes that you have. I am interested to see how they look.

DSC04235.jpg

This is a Simmental heifer that had her first calf in February.. she was shown successfully up until a month or so ago. Moderate framed, easy keeper, and excellent momma cow.

DSC00049.jpg

Not only a good Brahman cow, but probably my favorite one as well. Easy keeper.. VERY gentle, but protects every calf in the herd as if it was her own. Halter broke and comes when called. Better trained than my husband! :nod:

DSC00002.jpg

A Simbrah heifer that was also shown. She just had her second calf about a month ago, and she's turned out to be a great cow as well. Her first calf (heifer) is retained in the herd, and the bull calf she had this year is outstanding as well.