How a Texas store planned for a pandemic

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

I was in both Walmart and H-E-B today.
H-E-B was definitely better stocked than Wallyworld, tho neither had much paper goods. Walmart didn't even have any flour...of any kind.

H-E-B had plenty of meat, produce, bottled water etc tho I didn't need any. I just went in for some eggs.

We tried the curbside pickup earlier in the week. Worked pretty well. Hardest part was learning how to use the app efficiently.

Brute 23 said:
HEB is a great business all the way around. I rarely go to wal-mart.

HEB went all out during hurricane Harvey for us also.

I have also seen them do great things with donations in the community.

I lived in Houston during the 80's. I don't recall HEB. Randall's was our best store.

HDRider said:
I lived in Houston during the 80's. I don't recall HEB. Randall's was our best store.

And most expensive at the time. H-E-B helped put Randall's out of business....no... I think Albertsons bought Randall's then Albertsons went out of business....either way, they aren't in business around here anymore.

Gotta say, in the early years I wasn't a fan. Stores seemed dark and aisles were narrow. Brand choices were slim. Over the years they fixed that.

Yesterday late afternoon, Walmart was again low on just about everything here. The "Friday payday phenom"..especially low on meats.
I went to H-E-B & it was a different story.

Wife made a run to the HEB lampasas store.
Did pretty good not everything was in stock but the pantry is full. No limits or lines. People kept their space. Only real difference she said was only one entrance and one exit. Entrance was manned by a crew spraying and wiping down shopping carts and handing out hand wipes. Exit was manned by someone handing out wipes and a crew following and gathering carts to take to the washdown crew at the entrance............HEB taking care of Texas again ...

Latest posts