Houston Texans

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Deshawn Watson tore his ACL in practice.
JJ Watt first, now Watson.
Houston just can catch a break

That means Terrible Tom Savage just got a break tho....I've read that another team just cut QB Brian Hoyer, so I guess he's available too.....again.... :yuck: :hide:

greybeard":o3i9kw7l said:
That means Terrible Tom Savage just got a break tho....I've read that another team just cut QB Brian Hoyer, so I guess he's available too.....again.... :yuck: :hide:

Savage is not the problem it's the sorry
O line. Same problem for the last couple of years.

greybeard":13m08u71 said:
Watson didn't seem to have too much problem re that offensive line......

Watson and Wilson aren't your typical QB's either.
If you don't believe that just watch what happens when you get a QB versus a HB that can throw.

:roll: Yeah..right. 'cuz all their former QBs went to other teams and won superbowls and league MVP awards. (in some alternate universe maybe) All those teams had bad O lines too? Stop making excuses for shitty qbs CB.
Where's Hoyer playing as a starting qb now? Been in the league 9 years and played for 7 different teams.
Fitz?
Rams Bengals, Bills, Titans, Texans, Jets and now Tampa Bay, and they hate him in TB..for the same reasons they hated him everywhere else.
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/0 ... fl-players
'nuff said.
Mallet?
Right..a great qb if he can get his lazy ass out of bed...all he needs is a good alarm clock. :lol: :roll: and a pair of eyes and an arm......
Shaub? Didn't even last 1 whole year at Oakland. With the Ravens..1–1 record, throwing 540 yards, three touchdowns, and four interceptions, 2 of which were his trademark pick6. Baltimore sent him on down the pike to Atlanta. Played in 4 games last year for a total of 16 passing yards, because he's such a barnburner of a great QB. :roll:
TJ Yates? This is his 3rd chance with the Texans after drifting from Texans, to Atl, back to Houston, to Miami, and now back to Houston. 6 1/2 years in the NFL and he's thrown for a grand total of 1534 yrds, 5 fumbles, 8 ints, and 6 TDs. A real highly sought after commodity TJ is,but only if ya have no QB at all....

Osweiller?
8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best QB that ever walked on their field is playing for the Vikings right now.
The problem with Watson's is they don't last long in the NFL just like RG3.
Yes Scaub was a medicore QB but for a few years had an excellent O line.
That is the very reason Houston did well along with Foster.
Not excuses GB no team is going far without the corn fed boys on the line.
You got excited over a flash in the pan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikinga ... -bowl/amp/

Look at Derek Carr
Makes you wonder what his older brother may have been in a better situation

Caustic Burno":p4a4fzmc said:
Best QB that ever walked on their field is playing for the Vikings right now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikinga ... -bowl/amp/

Not because he won the job, but because someone got hurt..as is always the case with Keenum.
What's the real story behind Viking success? Right off the same page you got your link.
https://thevikingage.com/2017/11/04/vik ... w-defense/

and from yet a different Vikings article:
The thing about Keenum that seems to be giving some people the wrong impression is the fact that Minnesota has been winning with him as their starter. But let's get one thing straight, Keenum is not the main reason the Vikings have been successful this season (he's not even the third or fourth reason).

But what about in Week 5 when Keenum replaced a statuesque Sam Bradford in the second half to help Minnesota get a victory over the Chicago Bears? This example is not even fair for Keenum, as he was replacing a quarterback in Bradford's who probably would not have been able to outplay Bud Grant that night. And we're talking Grant at his current age, not back in the day.

Keenum has performed just as the backup that he is this season. Nothing more, nothing less.
https://thevikingage.com/2017/11/02/exp ... ight-away/

Where have you been for the last 50 years GB? Very few first round draft QB's turn out to be worth a dried up piece of monkey shyt.
It ends up being some guy sacking groceries or drafted in the last round that lead the team.
The Vick's,Kapernik's, Watson's, RG3 and Wilson's are all the same type QB.
Track record for that type other than Wilson hasn't been real good.
My prediction Watson is on the same road as RG3.

Caustic Burno":3rodxz3r said:
Where have you been for the last 50 years GB? Very few first round draft QB's turn out to be worth a dried up piece of monkey shyt.
It ends up being some guy sacking groceries or drafted in the last round that lead the team.
By that convoluted/excuse making train of thought, Houston should have had great QBs since of all the QBs Houston has had, they have only drafted 1 QB in the first round (Carr ) and only had 2 others (Leinart & Weeden) that went in the 1st round to anyone else.
List of Hou Texan QBs and order of being drafted by any NFL team:

Tom Savage-drafted b Texans 4th round 2014.

Deshaun Watson-Drafted by Texans 12th round 2017.

Brock Osweiler-drafted by Broncos 2nd round 2012.

Brian Hoyer-Signed by Pats as an undrafted free agent 2009.

Ryan Mallett-drafted by NE 3rd round 2011.

T. J. Yates-drafted by Texans 5th round 2011.

Brandon Weeden-drafted 1st round 22nd overall pick by Browns 2012.

Ryan Fitzpatrick-7th round by the Rams 2005.

Case Keenum-signed as an undrafted free agent by Houston 2012.

Matt Schaub-3rd round by Atlanta 2004.

Matt Leinart-1st round by Arizona 2006.

Sage Rosenfels-4th round by the Redskins in 2001.

2004 David Carr-1st round pick by Houston 2002.

Tony Banks-Drafted by the Rams in 1996 2nd round pick.

Dave Ragone-drafted by Houston 2003, 3rd round.

Reason my team always sucks? Crappy QBs.

I agree gb, without a great qb you just have an average team, packers are finding out now with Rodgers out, take Brady away from the pats, a great qb covers up a lot of mistakes that the offenses makes, also keeps your defense on the sidelines instead of on the field every three and out.

Latest posts