Houston Rodeo Entertainment

Help Support CattleToday:

MULDOON

Reaction score
Where the Stars & Stripes ,, And the Eagle fli
cal010906.jpg
[/img]

Thats a heck of a line up. Makes kind of wish we were goin this year.

I think I need to find that rich guy my grandma keeps talking about and move over the big water... hard to find good (live) country musik over here

CKC1586":2k8o8ihu said:
Would love to attend this event some day!

outside of traffic and parking its a blast... tons of people

My brother took four of his cattle there in 2001, I didn't make the trip. Wish I had, they still talk about what a great time they had.

we would be goin this year, but the boss wants to cut down on the number of shows we go to. We went last year and was the first time in a number of years and we did good and had a good time.

Houston is a blast. Of course, it helps living 5 minutes from the show, but its a lot of fun. This year they have a much better lineup than last year. This year they seem to be sticking more towards country music, not all that pop crap like last year. Ill have animals there for the open and jr show this year. Get to spend 2 weeks there and gonna love every minute of it.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1feg50q7 said:
Houston is a blast. Of course, it helps living 5 minutes from the show, but its a lot of fun. This year they have a much better lineup than last year. This year they seem to be sticking more towards country music, not all that pop crap like last year. Ill have animals there for the open and jr show this year. Get to spend 2 weeks there and gonna love every minute of it.

I'm going to watch my niece show in Houston. I always attend FW stock show, but have heard that Houston is much better, I can't wait. I usually get stuck babysitting the animals left behind while my brother, his wife, and niece go. :roll:

One thing you will notice about Houston is that EVERYTHING revolves around money, and if something isnt bringing them money, its gone before you can blink. Everything will cost you an arm and a leg there. Fort Worth is fun, but there doesnt seem like they have much to do there, especially when your there all day for several days. Not much to see. San Antonio is my favorite. I think the livestock show in San Antonio is the best livestock show, but Houston has the best rodeo. Politics have an extremely strong influence at Houston. Everything has to be politically correct, and all that stuff. Last year they even banned the sale of anything with a confederate flag on it. That cost them a huge buyer. One of my parents good friends used to be a huge buyer at Houston, in fact he spent $74,000 last year just on a piece of art. Anyways, he was way at the top and just couldnt take all the political BS at Houston anymore so he left it.

I think Ive rambled on a little too much now. Houston is more fun than FW is. You will notice all of the politics at Houston, but it is still fun to be out at such a big show and its fun.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1mmo72nw said:
I think Ive rambled on a little too much now. Houston is more fun than FW is. You will notice all of the politics at Houston, but it is still fun to be out at such a big show and its fun.

My niece will be in Houston to show around March 15th. Going to try to get tickets to the rodeo while we are there.
At FW, I usually hang out in the barn with her. I also enjoy watching the horse judging.
Have been through the FW stock show's grand entry with my horse, that was a blast.

When will you be at Houston's show, and which breed of cattle will you showing? Maybe we will see you there, if the timing is right.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":3otwkmla said:
I am showing Brahman cattle. I will be there Feb 28 - Mar 4, then again Mar 15-18.

My niece will be showing Santa Gertrudis March 15-18.

Best of luck to you, and have a great time.

Cinco_M_Gert":2m5tj1zx said:
I'll be there to watch the Junior Santa Getrudis show.

My niece will be showing in the Junior Santa Getrudis.... :D

Hope you have a great time...