House burned

Help Support CattleToday:

Would you change your name to OK KY hills or KY Hill OK bill šŸ¤”
I'm with your wife I wouldn't sell the land unless you move.
Good question. Not much in the way of hills there like here, although there is a hill there called Cavanal Hill, that is said to be the worlds highest hill.
If I go out there and have cattle, I may change calling my occupation from a farmer to a rancher.

Good question. Not much in the way of hills there like here, although there is a hill there called Cavanal Hill, that is said to be the worlds highest hill.
If I go out there and have cattle, I may change calling my occupation from a farmer to a rancher.
Ok rancher šŸ‘šŸ¾

Ok Rancher flats

How much were you renting the house for if you don't mind me asking? i had a mobile home on a lot across the road from my farm....it was old and the renters at the time left it practically unlivable so i got rid of it. i only rented it for $300/mo.. I miss the income but can live without it.

How much were you renting the house for if you don't mind me asking? i had a mobile home on a lot across the road from my farm....it was old and the renters at the time left it practically unlivable so i got rid of it. i only rented it for $300/mo.. I miss the income but can live without it.
We were renting it for $900, but part of that was for propane. The actual rent was around 750. We bought the propane and the renters paid some monthly for it.

I lost my house to a fire back in 1984. Starting back with only the cloths on your back isn't an easy thing. Especially when those cloths are soaking wet. I had always wondered about my Grandma who would donate quilts to families who lost their house until I lost mine. There is a lot of things we take for granted until we don't have it any more. Socks and under wear.
Got that tee shirt as well I just did it in 81.

HDRyder tossed out a good idea. Thirty years ago it became apparent folks had more "stuff" then they had room to store and storage building popped up everywhere to rent out. Pretty nice property to own. Not utilities necessary, very little maintenance, no off hour calls.

Now similar opportunities are out there for space to set motorhomes or travel trailers. Some areas have a circle drive with a few spots with basic necessities. You could start out simple and add more space as needed.

You mentioned the property was across the road from your home and wife didn't want to see what was there. Plant some trees to block the view. Around here a couple rows of red cedars would block the sight and sound. Use the existing utilities at the burned home for the first renters.

HDRyder tossed out a good idea. Thirty years ago it became apparent folks had more "stuff" then they had room to store and storage building popped up everywhere to rent out. Pretty nice property to own. Not utilities necessary, very little maintenance, no off hour calls.

Now similar opportunities are out there for space to set motorhomes or travel trailers. Some areas have a circle drive with a few spots with basic necessities. You could start out simple and add more space as needed.

You mentioned the property was across the road from your home and wife didn't want to see what was there. Plant some trees to block the view. Around here a couple rows of red cedars would block the sight and sound. Use the existing utilities at the burned home for the first renters.
Several boat storage places up here on the lakes. Keypad gate and individual locking stalls.
You can pick up drop off your rig 24 hours a day.

Our neighbors been doing air b&b with their basement. They keep it rented out. We talked about doing that with one of our rental houses across from us. It seemed like it would be handy with the house close. Now I'm not so sure I'd like random people next door to us. We have the house rented out now.
Storage space definitely seems like a good idea. Than again you have people coming and going.
Cemetery. šŸ˜‰ Make it real fancy what people want be bury there. Add some fancy rock pond, statues, ect.
Or make a place people can buy a tree for love ones that have passed. šŸ¤£ Than you get paid to plant trees.
Hey tree farm for Christmas trees. That could be fun.
Reindeer farm ya'll could make a killing off that.
There a family around here that started a Reindeer farm didn't really think it would be that big of thing. It blew up huge will start around now and go until after Christmas.

The fire Marshall located where he thought the fire originated and the insurance co hired a third party investigator. It was determined to have caused by cigarettes being put in a planter with potting soil on the porch next to the house.
We are now in the process of getting the utility wires cut loose and plumbing and septic tank capped off and a crew to demolish the structure. We are looking at several options Ike a steel building home, or a trailer.

Oh wow. So the cigarettes weren't put totally out and caused the house to burn down?
I hate cigarettes anyway and even more after reading this.

The fire Marshall located where he thought the fire originated and the insurance co hired a third party investigator. It was determined to have caused by cigarettes being put in a planter with potting soil on the porch next to the house.
We are now in the process of getting the utility wires cut loose and plumbing and septic tank capped off and a crew to demolish the structure. We are looking at several options Ike a steel building home, or a trailer.

Something like that happened to somebody we know.
Faster horses I'm with you there. Good money in tobacco for somebody I guess....
tobacco farmers, government making money off the cigarettes, than doctors, insurance companies, government taxes, ect all making more money when people get sick from it.
Not to mention it stinks.
I hate seeing people with little children and babies in the car smoking windows all up. šŸ˜“

Latest posts