Hours of daylight

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So how much daylight do you have? There are a couple things here which I began to notice that affect the hours and amount of daylight. The first being the time zone. I am in the far east end of the Pacific time zone. Best who doesn't live too far east of me is in the mountain time zone. So it turns dark at about the same time. Except it is 5:00 here and 6:00 at his place.

The other factor is that I am at the head of the valley where it starts up into the canyon. There are hills to the east and southeast. Mountains in my backyard to the south and west. So now when the sun rise is at 6:30 the sun doesn't come over the hill until nearly 8:30. The sun is setting here at 4:30 but by 2:30 it has already got behind the mountain. Mid day the sun is just barely over the top of that mountain. It could be that by December 21 I might only have a couple hours of direct sun light.

76 Bar":3fgydh3v said:
It could be that by December 21 I might only have a couple hours of direct sun light.
Its the price you're paying for now being high & dry... ;-)

Does make one wonder why the old timers didn't build the house on the other side of the river. Only 300 or 400 yards away but it is not an issue over there. I guess this is just where they stopped the covered wagon.

Latest posts