Hot Oil Alarm ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I have a Hesston round baler that will alarm for hot oil after running for a couple hours. I changed out the hydraulic oil filter and topped off the reservoir, but I still get the alarm. Any tips?

Are you using the high dollar oil? Mine does that on the cheap stuff (which I prefer, but don't use).

I think it is 46 weight for mine. I might have had hot oil come one once when I first got the baler, and I thought, at the time, that low dirty oil was the cause. Changed oil and filter on reservoir and never had problem again. I change oil filter and breather filter on reservoir every year. Can order both for about $10 US from FleetFilter.

Aaron":15s3andu said:
I think it is 46 weight for mine. I might have had hot oil come one once when I first got the baler, and I thought, at the time, that low dirty oil was the cause. Changed oil and filter on reservoir and never had problem again. I change oil filter and breather filter on reservoir every year. Can order both for about $10 US from FleetFilter.

Did you crack the big line do drain the reservoir?

Stocker Steve":1smjza2l said:
Aaron":1smjza2l said:

Did you crack the big line do drain the reservoir?

I think so. Once you refill, be sure to check all the functions and make sure you don't have an air blockage in one of the lines - kept the kicker from working for 2 years before it dawned on me that was the reason. Loosen line at one end, poof of air and back in business.

Latest posts