Hoss's Horses UPDATE

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Well since I was all gung ho about Hoss's horse opportunity I volunteered to help move some of these quality animals. I told Hoss if he'd deliver some to me I'd move them for a small commission and just tell me the minimum price he wanted for the horse and I'd get it for him and would even board and feed the horse at no cost to him cause I thought I knew a sure thing when I saw one.

Anyhow, have you ever committed to something and then regretted it but was bound by your word to follow through no matter what? Have you ever eaten crow? Ever put your foot in your mouth? Seems like I have done all three simultaneously. :nod:

So does anyone want to help me out? Here is a picture of Starlight Ambrosia. Has papers. Wonderful bloodline. Minimum aksing price is $6500. Definitely a wonderful family horse. Not a kick in her. (as long as you stay toward the front) Will make a wonderful pasture ornament for someone.

horse.jpg

can she cut cattle..... are just block em off completely.... looks like she would be better suited for ropin; you would already be at the front of the box before the calf left the chute

alacattleman":1c15jh3q said:
can she cut cattle..... are just block em off completely.... looks like she would be better suited for ropin; you would already be at the front of the box before the calf left the chute

Yeah, and you'd get three tries to put a rope on the calf. :lol2: Maybe $7500 would be a fairer price for a horse such as this. :cowboy:

Only one person can rope off of this beauty. There is only one saddle on that horse with a horn. :mrgreen:

Jo I told you ahead of time that these were racehorses. This one in particular always wins by two lengths.....every race. Thats why there is the high price on it. What is nice is that this one can carry 3 jockys, can turn a very sharp corner by bending in the middle like an articulating tractor, it can block all the other horses across the track, it can do it all. Transporting these are tough as I am sure you found out. You can only put two in a six horse hauler. :cowboy:

john250":1evj2btg said:
Nice straight horse, but does it eat much?

No. Not really. Well just a little. Maybe just a few flakes of hay. Maybe a little more. Just depends on whether or not its hungry. But think about how this jewel would look in your pasture. I'm mean really. With the deal you are getting why do you want to snivel over something like a feed bill. How much could this be. Besides, you owe it to yourself. You've earned the right. And its only money. Can't take it with you can you!?! Besides that, we can deliver it tomorrow morning before feeding time.

Jogeephus":b1h9mo57 said:
john250":b1h9mo57 said:
Nice straight horse, but does it eat much?

No. Not really. Well just a little. Maybe just a few flakes of hay. Maybe a little more. Just depends on whether or not its hungry. But think about how this jewel would look in your pasture. I'm mean really. With the deal you are getting why do you want to snivel over something like a feed bill. How much could this be. Besides, you owe it to yourself. You've earned the right. And its only money. Can't take it with you can you!?! Besides that, we can deliver it tomorrow morning before feeding time.

My word, Jo, you ever sell stuff for a living? I think Steve knew you during his mid life crisis.

Nice full bodied horse,but i'm thinking if you would try to use him for barrel racing while circling the barrel he would surely meet his end.

Cal