Horse trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Cindy

Reaction score
Could anyone give info on there favorite horse trailer? I have owned stright loads, 5 th wheel stock, and am especialy intrested in the Brender up. Any info would be helpful,were thinking of selling my 5 th wheel and getting a smaller trailer.
Thanks Cindy :)

I have an Exciss gooseneck combo. It has the center gate. Works great for me because I haul horses and cows in it.

We have been looking at an aluminum 4 horse slant Pace Setter. If you buy a new one you can customize it to your specs. Aluminum is a bit more expensive than steel but will hold it's value longer and last almost forever. We will haul horses than take out the slants and haul cattle in ours.

ArrowHBrand":1a153tmw said:
We have been looking at an aluminum 4 horse slant Pace Setter. If you buy a new one you can customize it to your specs. Aluminum is a bit more expensive than steel but will hold it's value longer and last almost forever. We will haul horses than take out the slants and haul cattle in ours.

You can also get the Exciss and Feather-Lite (both made in the same plant) with slant gates and still have a center cut gate and escape door. All features I really like. I didn't get the slant gates though as I just stuff one horse in the front and one in the rear and let them wonder around.

Cindy":27fq0bg0 said:
Could anyone give info on there favorite horse trailer? I have owned stright loads, 5 th wheel stock, and am especialy intrested in the Brender up. Any info would be helpful,were thinking of selling my 5 th wheel and getting a smaller trailer.
Thanks Cindy :)

I have seen a couple of the Brender trailers, I don't like them. To me they seem too small, too light weight and not real safe for a horse banging around or in a fender bender. I can understand there purpose, made to tow with a compact truck or mid size car.... but :roll:

Alan

I think were going to stay with what we have a little longer. Or go with a Feather light. I like those too.I like the Idea that the horse can move freely and likes traveling.I don't like the horse squished into a stright load,they just arn't comfortable. Also I dont like the feel of a horse rocking back and forth, while driving. Thanks everone for your responses!!! :) Cindy

Cindy, you can save yourself some money if you are thinking FeatherLite. Exiss and the FeatherLites come off of the same production line and are then skinned with a little different looking skins. Both have I-beams spaced on 10 inch centers.

Just keep it in mind.

We trailered three head cross country. Our trailer is a sixteen ft. Featherlite G/N. We hauled the guilding in the front section and the mare and foal in the rear. We have floor mats and spread a bale of straw on the floor for comfort. The foal spent most of his time laying and sleeping and the mare just stood over him. We did not tie the horses. Had a good haul. That was when fuel was a buck a gallon.