Horse Traders

Help Support CattleToday:

BLACKPOWER

Reaction score
Why is it that Horse Traders are the slickest humans on earth? I know of a lot of them that "hide" behind their relegion and try to put on a clean face to sell horses. It seems these type of traders are often slicker than the drunken spur wearing types you'll find in the pub after the sale.

BLACKPOWER":1t41ew2p said:
Why is it that Horse Traders are the slickest humans on earth? I know of a lot of them that "hide" behind their relegion and try to put on a clean face to sell horses. It seems these type of traders are often slicker than the drunken spur wearing types you'll find in the pub after the sale.
BP
Sounds like you just got took. I never seen a religious horse trader yet.
Plenty of church-goers but not religious.

Anonymous":2ojjn0wx said:
BLACKPOWER":2ojjn0wx said:
BP
Sounds like you just got took. I never seen a religious horse trader yet.
Plenty of church-goers but not religious.

No I don't buy horses.

As the old saying goes: "There's a sucker born every minute". Slick horse traders know that people will buy a horse for different reasons: 1) They feel 'sorry' for the horse....2) They're willing to try to 'correct' the problem horse (the main problem is the trader ISN'T going to let them know ALL of the horses' problems.....) :(
A good deal on a problem horse is OK; as long as you have the time, training & knowledge to put into the horse. Some 'problems' aren't correctable, either. (Like a 'trait' that is bred into the horse...) My brother has a mustang mare that rides great---only my sis-in-law can catch her, though. This mare is always 'on guard'--it's just her nature.
There's ALOT of 'backyard breeders' out there that breed their mares; (the baby is sooo cute) but too many times I see a 1,000 pound, 2-year old+ spoiled rotten horse that they can't do anything with. No manners, etc. They usually end up selling the 'problem' to one of the slick horse traders who in turn peddle this 'great' beast off onto someone else. Kinda like the 'slick used car salesman' ya gotta watch out for! :lol:
Jay