Horse slaughter plant.

Help Support CattleToday:

Besides the activists groups I bed the other folks that are not complaining are the rendering companies....its horse crap far as I am concerned shutting the plants down, literly and lots of it!

Now that all the slauter plants are closed that just means the horses will be trucked to Mexico where there are no regulations. NOW LOOK WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR THE ANIMALS THEY LOVED SO MUCH.

llcupit":b9pdyca6 said:
And since Mexico has no regulations we will then import it back as hamburger for McDonalds. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
McDonalds uses Kangaroo for burger I beleive Burger King uses horse LOL :lol:

Ok lets cut through all of the bull honky. The idiots who are pushing this bill into law don't have a clue to the ramifications of banning horse slaughter. The American public has gotten brainwashed into seeing horses as pets and not as livestock. Everything that happens to horses when they are slaughtered from the transporting to the bolt gun also happens to cattle and hogs. Are they next?
I get so f*$%^@! mad at this because it's the blind leading the blind. PETA and the HSUS are feeding John Q. Public BS and they are eating it. The uniformed are misinformed and horse owners and people in the horse industry are too busy fighting amongst themselves to stop this stupid stupid bill. The upper end horses are still bringing good money, but there has ceased to be a middle class of horses. Horses that may have brought $3-$4000 are now under $1000. The younger they are the cheaper they are too! At an auction in April of this year I took an 8 year old Paint that could do everything and got what we wanted for her. However, we brought home the yearling gelding because he sold for $100. I am not selling a horse for $100.
These hobby horse people who buy a horse on a whim and realize it's not at all like My Little Ponies are also flooding the horse market trying to get rid of their mistake. I can't count how many times I've read ads stated to the effect "Babies for sale, all must go! Need room for next years foals!" If you don't have the space to sit on your youngsters maybe you shouldn't be producing them so fast.
I wrote an article once for an online newsletter in favor of horse slaughter and the mod got so much email from it he had to post replies in groups. People were so mad wondering if I would eat one of my own horses and blah blah blah. I was practically crucified and the odd thing is they personally attacked me and not my pro slaughter opinion. That is all I've heard from the anti slaughter crowd "Blah blah blah!" They preach and preach against horse slaughter, but they haven't come up with a viable long term solution. Rescue centers and humane euthanasia isn't going to absorb 100,000+ horses annually. Banning horse slaughter is taking away the last resort for some people who need to either get rid of a horse for financial reasons or have a horse that is too old, lame, etc. and needs to be put down. If someone had the choice to make a few hundred to get rid of a horse or paying a few hundred to get rid of a horse, most would chose the former, not the latter.
Any way I apologize for the rant, it's took a lot of space. If anyone has constructive criticism and can voice their opinion like an adult, feel free to pm me. Thanks.