Horse?...no one answers on horse board

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I've got 3 horses and 3 donkeys. They're all coughing. Anyone know what would cause this or how to cure it. I dewormed them the other day so maybe that might help. Any suggestions?

[email protected]

Hey! Probably more cattle than horse people on these boards. I personally check hoarse board every day or to. We breed/raise registered Texas Longhorns, Peruvian Paso and Tennessee Walking Horses. Now for my 2 cents worth...

If horse is coughing (and not due to choking), then might be flu-related problem. If it persists for more than couple of days, would definitely call the Vet. Vet bills are a lot cheaper than losing a quality equine. Also, where are you located? Temperature extremes there? Do your horses all have complete set of current vaccinations, including West Nile Virus?

Later, Bill

[email protected]

What about the dry matter that you are feeding? Is the hay dusty or moldy? Check your grain to make sure that it also isn't moldy. I'm certain that you probably have already done that, but just want to cover all the bases.

> Hey! Probably more cattle than
> horse people on these boards. I
> personally check hoarse board
> every day or to. We breed/raise
> registered Texas Longhorns,
> Peruvian Paso and Tennessee
> Walking Horses. Now for my 2 cents
> worth... I am looking for a pervian paso already broke mare. thanx

> If horse is coughing (and not due
> to choking), then might be
> flu-related problem. If it
> persists for more than couple of
> days, would definitely call the
> Vet. Vet bills are a lot cheaper
> than losing a quality equine.
> Also, where are you located?
> Temperature extremes there? Do
> your horses all have complete set
> of current vaccinations, including
> West Nile Virus?

> Later, Bill

[email protected]

> I've got 3 horses and 3 donkeys.
> They're all coughing. Anyone know
> what would cause this or how to
> cure it. I dewormed them the other
> day so maybe that might help. Any
> suggestions? yep maybe you are feeding dusty hay that will cause them to cough.or dusty beeding will do it also .

[email protected]

> What about the dry matter that you
> are feeding? Is the hay dusty or
> moldy? Check your grain to make
> sure that it also isn't moldy. I'm
> certain that you probably have
> already done that, but just want
> to cover all the bases. I have been looking at a tenn. walk. for sale near me he is 5 yrs. old i have never owend a horse before , the guy bought him for his daughter and she never had time for him. he said that he was broke but hadent been riden since. do you think this would be a dumb choice for a beginner? he only wants $800. for him . thanks MR.

Latest posts