Horned Toads

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Anyone in Texas or parts thereof seen a horned toad lately? I know that fire ants and loss of habitat and all have deminished their numbers, but I haven't seen one in ages, probably 25 years. Used to be everywhere when I was a kid. Anyone still see them in the wild?

Lammie, I can't even remember the last one I saw. We even had them over in East Texas back in the 1900's but I doubt there are any of there anymore either.

We had a huge problem with the diminishing number of frogs around here many years ago. They found that the frogs were either leaving or had died do to spraying mosquito habitats..Now that there are bans in place for spraying, the frogs and salamanders are back in abundance and that is a very good thing.. :D

Also, when I first read the title to this thread I thought it would be about men ..why would that be ??? :oops: :lol2:

Hey, give me a break you two..I haven't had human contact in over a week if you don't count waving to the neighbor when I got the mail yesterday... :lol2: I need some entertainment in my life besides the cows and calves.. :help:

hillsdown":1wt6rym4 said:
Hey, give me a break you two..I haven't had human contact in over a week if you don't count waving to the neighbor when I got the mail yesterday... :lol2: I need some entertainment in my life besides the cows and calves.. :help:
I hear ya! Be a pretty lonely week without a bit of fun on the CT boards!!!
Man is it raining like a bugger here! Won't be any snow in the morning.

hillsdown":1xb2ip8w said:
We had a huge problem with the diminishing number of frogs around here many years ago. They found that the frogs were either leaving or had died do to spraying mosquito habitats..Now that there are bans in place for spraying, the frogs and salamanders are back in abundance and that is a very good thing.. :D

Also, when I first read the title to this thread I thought it would be about men ..why would that be ??? :oops: :lol2:

No, I would have written "Horny Toads". We called them that when I was a kid but I grew out of it for obvious reasons.

Latest posts