Horned Herfs and a little bit of snow(pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
They are thinking about pushing my already trashed fence to get the heifer hay. Danged cows anyway. There is 4 bales rolled out on the hillside and 2 standing. They were grazing this morning and decided to come to the pen for mineral. But the thought of mashing my fence must have been more inticeing :roll:

IMG_2802.jpg

Cert,

real pretty, but I think I'd rather be in the heat. Just looking at the picture makes me cold.

By the way, I guess even asking Macon nicely still wont get Merry Christmas on the top :(

cypressfarms":5wcfnytc said:
Cert,

real pretty, but I think I'd rather be in the heat. Just looking at the picture makes me cold.

By the way, I guess even asking Macon nicely still wont get Merry Christmas on the top :(

Sure it did, see it???

CKC1586":v8bpfrcn said:
cypressfarms":v8bpfrcn said:
Cert,

Sure it did, see it???

All I see is Santa and his rosy cheeks.

Beautiful pic Cert. Purgy sure looking good even though he could use more weight.

la4angus":2yn8ru63 said:
Beautiful pic Cert. Purgy sure looking good even though he could use more weight.
He is roughing it with the cows right now. Everything is heavy bred so he isn't working right now. Will pull him in a couple weeks when the heifers start to calve. He is comming on 3 late march.

Lack of handy resonably priced grain caused me to turn him back out in the fall.

He is range bred and can and does handle the no feed method well.
In his defense he is very wide hipped and heavy boned like most horned herfs. And the wide hips make him look a bit thin.

Here is a few of the polled girls interested in the camera.
IMG_2789.jpg

Cert, I love that pic of the cows all in a line! Are they headed in the direction of the mashed fence? I think a cow thinks that the hay (or any food for that matter) tastes better if they think they're stealing it. :lol:

Katherine

Hey Certs - great pics. Am in North Carolina at present - cannot believe how warm it is here - I might have to consider coming south for a week or two in winter to get away from the snow.

Bez!

Workinonit Farm":qwvhdz29 said:
Cert, I love that pic of the cows all in a line! Are they headed in the direction of the mashed fence? I think a cow thinks that the hay (or any food for that matter) tastes better if they think they're stealing it. :lol:

Katherine

To me it looks like they are saying "Hey cert, you gonna just squat there with that camera or give us some groceries!?". The fourth (last) one is saying "See I told you she was just gonna take pictures"

Cert, it would be nice if CT would have a pic. section, d'ya think?

It is not just cows that like to smash the fences, 1 of my moron horses has a real problem with my fence, he just goes right threw it, to get the round bales on the other side of the fence too. I had a little talk with him about how cold it is out here and if I have to fix that fence one more time there is going to be some real 'trouble', so I guess we'll just have to see if my poor fence is still up in the morning.

Nice pic of all the HH's lined up, be a good pic for a X-mas card.

o.k. stupid question #6,426.

TB lady, I assume the TB stands for thoroughbred. Do you have any problems keeping them over the winter with the cold temps?

TB lady":3ldhfmlr said:
It is not just cows that like to smash the fences, 1 of my moron horses has a real problem with my fence, he just goes right threw it, to get the round bales on the other side of the fence too.

My horses are "morons" too. But since I don't build special fence for them...they learn not to push the barb. Here is one of them being jealous cause I'm messing with the bull and not him.

IMG_2786.jpg

Cypress,
The folks on ranchers don't seem to mind the slow loading files. The picture thing over there was not my idea, I just got roped into posting them.
CT members don't seem to like too many pictures...slows things down too much.

Cert,

I like them 4 cows, especially the 2nd and 3rd ones. If the winter gets too rough, you let me know and I'll come get 'em. We've got plenty of hay.......I think. :)

Funny you should mention the 2nd and 3rd ones like that. They are out of the same cow. :D 2nd one is a heifer and due in 3 weeks. Both bred to the horned bull. The dam was a Louada Archer daughter that came from the Rice Dispersal.

You shoulda picked the last one in line...she is a 517 daughter.

Some of them cows are getting some age to them and the winters havn't been too hard on them yet. ;-)

Latest posts