horn tips

Help Support CattleToday:

Arleen

Reaction score
Hi there. I own a store that deals with specifically equine supplies. Several of my customers are cattle owners and have asked if I could locate what they refer to as "brass horn tips" for their cattle. These appear to be specifically for show and/or decoration. One customer describes a small brass ball which is put on the tip of each horn. Another describes something like a brass or metal thimble shaped cap which is put on each horn tip. None of these customers can tell me what these are specifically called or where to find them. I've look up Nasco and found horn weights. These are not the item these folks are seeking.
Can anyone help me out with these items -- what they are called & where I can get them.
Appreciate any help!
Thanks

This is a hard one. Seems like people who use oxen for work would be the most likely source. Did a search for cattle yokes, seems like a good place to start. One mentions horn knobs which might be what your customers want.

http://www.berrybrookoxsupply.com/prod04.htm

Well I am learning a lot, horn knobs are also called ox balls :roll: and are used as decoration and to keep them from goring each other.

Hi there. This MAY be what they are looking for. I'm going to continue my search and try and speak with them this week. I'll let you know if this is it. Thank you so much.

Hi there alot of oxen owners here in nova scotia there maybe a supplier here local or they send away for them. If I get chance to talk to them to found where they get them I will let you know for future buyers.Thanks Dean

Latest posts