Horn Question

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My cow has a slight dip in one of her horns. The other curves upward and the other is curving downward. I've been told that this is a trait of some kind of messed up hormone. Can anyone tell me about it?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

I've never heard of a messed up hormone hypothesis.<br>How long are the horns?? I always tip (cut the ends)<br>mine at an angle to promote inward & downward curl<br>when they are about 6-8" long(hereford).<br> Of coures I just dehorn all that are getting fed <br>out
<br>

They are about a foot or so on each horn (Scottish Highlands) <br> <br> I've never heard of a messed up hormone hypothesis.<br>: How long are the horns?? I always tip (cut the ends)<br>: mine at an angle to promote inward & downward curl<br>: when they are about 6-8" long(hereford).<br>: Of coures I just dehorn all that are getting fed <br>: out<p>
<br>

(User Above)":aaqdvoy9 said:
: They are about a foot or so on each horn (Scottish Highlands) <br>Sounds like injury during growth or a weakness, possibly from sulphur deficiency, but I know of no hormones which will tilt one horn and not the other.....and I have Highland breeders as clients.Most likely an injury! Sorry! You can always check with your vet!<br>V
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts