Horn Fly control

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
What's the most popular method? I've been using ear tags. I remove them when the populations are decreased and replace them in the Spring. I'm getting ready to go at it again. Anybody have a better or more effective solution? I've been thinking of using Altosid enriched mineral, but I 'm not sure how well or how quickly they'll get relief.

We use wipers in an arch/alleyway that they have to pass through to get to water and the minerals with a larvacide. Works for us

dun

D.R. Cattle":kf8qsqro said:
What's the most popular method? I've been using ear tags. I remove them when the populations are decreased and replace them in the Spring. I'm getting ready to go at it again. Anybody have a better or more effective solution? I've been thinking of using Altosid enriched mineral, but I 'm not sure how well or how quickly they'll get relief.

I've read aboout both of these methods. Since I have only one gal, I've used a "natural" spray sold at the feed store. It didn't work as well as I'd like. What would your suggestions be for only one animal... an ear tag or another type of spray?? Are both of these safe for bred animals?

Christina":11ipievg said:
I've read aboout both of these methods. Since I have only one gal, I've used a "natural" spray sold at the feed store. It didn't work as well as I'd like. What would your suggestions be for only one animal... an ear tag or another type of spray?? Are both of these safe for bred animals?
Go to the tobacco store. Buy a pack of "TOP" tobacco and leet the tobacco seep in a gallon of water, strain the tobacco water through a cheesecloth and mix this about 2 -3 to one with water.Spray her with this.
Nicotine is a natural poison and kills all sorts of insects. This works on insects in vegetable and flowers gardens. Fairly inexpensive. :)

Latest posts