Hope this isn't Frankie's neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

Y'all got what you deserved, :nod: Trying to tun your continentals Black. :roll:

Thinking about flushing this one. Paid $8,800 for her last month because of the longevity genetic material. She is 28 years old. Which herd sire would you use for semen collection? The CAB specimen or the Hereford colored one? Keep in mind I like Tiger Stripes and Herefords. Also, what kind of weight per calf do you think I could wean in three years? Should I line breed the flushmates so I can breed longevity?

realtiger.jpg

dun":2bo16u6v said:
Breed her to the red one then just paint stripes on the calves.

I am going to try to get her to breed for 10 more years. I figure that would cost me $8,800 / 10 = $880 per year. If I can flush one embryo per year on average, I would end up with 10 embryos. If I implant each one per year and half of them take and 20% of the ET calves die, I would have to buy more acreage and larger grain bins to finish with.

HerefordSire":1my58x4b said:
dun":1my58x4b said:
Breed her to the red one then just paint stripes on the calves.

I am going to try to get her to breed for 10 more years. I figure that would cost me $8,800 / 10 = $880 per year. If I can flush one embryo per year on average, I would end up with 10 embryos. If I implant each one per year and half of them take and 20% of the ET calves die, I would have to buy more acreage and larger grain bins to finish with.
I didn;t realize there were toilets big enough to flush her

dun,
Don't talk mean about that cow. She is a pretty color and has a cute face. Plus you may hurt HerdfordSire's feelings.
happysa9.gif

bugil7ja4.gif