Hope Outdoors at Bigfoot's

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
I went up to Bigfoot's place in western Kentucky this weekend to help with a Hope Outdoors turkey hunt and had a great time. We had three young hunters in for the youth turkey season. All three got to shoot a turkey but only one killed one but they all were excited and got to see and do some things they had never done.

Here is Waylon, a young man with a spinal disease, and his gobbler. Almost one inch spurs and a 10 1/2 inch beard and weighed over 20 pounds.

IMAG1143.jpg

We hunted on several farms that Bigfoot got lined up for the event. Since we had plenty of help and only three hunters Bigfoot ask me and a buddy of mine to take his 8 year old son hunting on his farm. We were more than glad to. We didn't get him one but we had a great time. Here is a picture of me and littlefoot, he is a sport.
IMAG1174.jpg

Bigfoot has a beautiful farm and a fine family it was a pleasure to get to meet them. He is a very generous man with a big heart. He also has some connections with some very fine cooks. :nod:

Very cool. I've been watching the Facebook posts from the hunt and it looks like everyone had a great hunt!

I had the most amazing weekend. The kids were really inspirational. I got involved with this event, with the best of intentions of helping some young people. I had no idea what a profound affect their stories would have on me. Hope Outdoors is a very very worth while orginazation. Anyone wanting to help even with a donation should check out their web page.

Side note-------Deepsouth, and his friend Shane are two of Gods very special people. My son got really attached to them this weekend.

Latest posts