Hoover No Doubt semen sky high $$$

Help Support CattleToday:

Luckiamute

Reaction score
I preface this post by admitting I've been out of the loop recently, but can someone please explain to me what is going on with Hoover No Doubt semen? I saw on a couple of online classifieds that his semen is listed for $2,250 to $3,300 PER STRAW ... and some of it was marked as sold. I don't think I've ever seen semen priced this high. I wish I had a few straws in the tank ... it would sure make for a very merry Christmas! :nod:

Luckiamute":2kz180vq said:
$3,300 PER STRAW ... and some of it was marked as sold.
LOL - cheap marketing ploy to mark some of it sold to make you think you have to act now, before it's too late.
If true easier to edit the ad adjusted to number of straws available rather than to edit to mark as sold.
If part of supply was actually sold then no reason to mention it other than to get an interested party to act. :nod:

The bull hasn't frozen semen in a couple of years so he likely never will again. Yes they are asking those prices for it.

Talked to Landi at Hoover the other day and she basically said that Hoover and peak dot are out of his semen. They mentioned moving him out to California to see if that make him produce .

Son of Butch":1c1heite said:
Does the Angus breed really need to pass on the genes of a bull with defective semen production?
Yes they do because without an EPD linked to it, it is not important. Just be sure that he had a high sale price, has widespread use among named herds and that the semen is expensive. All marks of a winner.

No Doubt sold for $67,500 and it takes 30 straws of semen at $2,250 each to = $67,500
that 750k bull divided by 30 straws = $25,000 per straw

And here I thought $40 straw for young sires was highway robbery.

Latest posts