Hooks Shear Force 38K?

Help Support CattleToday:

He calves just like his numbers. The easiest calving bull we have ever used on heifers.

We have found that you have to breed him to more powerful cows to get the thickness. His calves born on our farm have not been over 85 lbs with weaning weights into the 850 lbs area.

I was sure close to using him, but i like to keep moderate milking type of females. His milk epd is awfully high. There is always exeptions to the rule, but i have found high milking cows get culled alot sooner for udder problems, and i hate to cull a six year that is sound other than an udder.

Forgot to add something.. I am going to try Ellingson Legacy(Olie) from ABS instead. I have seen some awfully good calves out of him. His carcass numbers hold up, his yw is higher than shear force, milk is lower, and he is still in the top 1% for both his ce and bw. Shear Force seems to sire enough yw from the calves i have seen, but that milk epd just makes me nervous. I havent come across many if any Sims that dont milk enough no matter what thier milk epd is.

Latest posts