Hoofs

Help Support CattleToday:

stewart

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, One of my cows has been limping a little last few days checked her hoofs two days ago and found nothing. Today she is limping worse checked her again and the underside of her hoofs is peeling pretty bad on all four hoofs. She is always on pasture never on any hard surface. She also has a swelling on her left side just about the end of her ribb cage don't know if it has anything to do with it or not. Thanks for any and all help.
Stewart

Have you changed pasture or hay on her lately? If your feeding hay, any chance the bale you just put out is from a different field and better quality?

She might be a tad bloated which may make her walk like she has a limp because she is uncomfortable.

And plural of hoof is HOOVES.

Muratic, Feeding same hay as always she is a brahma don't think its bloat but might be. I did change feed about a month ago. Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for getting me lined out on my hoofs and hooves.

stewart":2sopztuk said:
Thanks for getting me lined out on my hoofs and hooves.
Anytime :lol: :lol:

Is she just too full? Or heavy with calf that will make her heavy on her feet.
Sorry I can't help more. But, I don't have any extra ear in my cattle. Matter of fact, I have some that were frost bitten off :shock: only half ear!!

Never herd of ones hooves peeling underneath is the ground she on wet that would make em look soft & peeling what about between her hooves does it look puffey :?:

Muratic, She is only about two months bred.

ALACOWMAN, We have been really drie here all fall until this last weekend and we finally got some rain. She is not puffy between her hooves but you can peel peices off the bottom kind of like soft rubber on all four hooves. I changed feed about a month ago that has a lot of oats in it don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. Thanks alot for your help.
Stewart