Hoof Measurement tape

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Since my hoof weigh measurement tape was not with with me when I stopped at a friends house, and I am at home now, can someone please tell me what 7.25" comes out to in weight on a newborn calf? He is wanting to know tonight what she weighed.
Thanks!
Chuckie

Chuckie":mwn5fvkt said:
Dun,
I do appreciate that. She was a full heifer. She was 27" tall. Now I can call and tell him what she weighed.
Thanks again Dun.
Chuckie

You can call him and tell him what it weighed + or - 7 pounds just like the regular weight tape.

We were trying to figure out which bull this calf was out of. He had a bull that had broke his penis,and he was such a nice bull, so he brought the heifer over to our house and bred her to our bull. So, according to the dates, his bull was not functioning when she left his place. We liked the bull for several things including his birthweight. But the cow's BW was close to 4.0. Still, the bull's BW could have had higher BW' in the past skipping a generation too. I hated that he didn't get a heifer out of his bull, but I am glad to see our bull's first calf on the ground.
Chuckie

According to my vet who has about 30 years LA experience there is no way for them to "break their penis" as there is nothing there for them to break. He said depending on how bad the injury that sometimes it will create a fistula and the bull will still be useable.

I guess it is just a term used to mean, "It doesn't work anymore." You could use it like this:
My car broke down, then after finding out that my bulls' penis broke, then I broke down and started crying.
Chuckie

cowman30":ktfc83k3 said:
According to my vet who has about 30 years LA experience there is no way for them to "break their penis" as there is nothing there for them to break. He said depending on how bad the injury that sometimes it will create a fistula and the bull will still be useable.
not gonna argue with a vet..... but while the bull is ready to service and erect he can infact double his penis back to a point and break it... breaking it down

alacattleman":31if1bpk said:
cowman30":31if1bpk said:
not gonna argue with a vet..... but while the bull is ready to service and erect he can infact double his penis back to a point and break it... breaking it down

Maybe it's just a "blowout" but one hanging to the ground, swollen and raw is worthless, whether broken, blown out, bent or just too heavy to sheath.

TexasBred":ehgk43rv said:
alacattleman":ehgk43rv said:
cowman30":ehgk43rv said:

Maybe it's just a "blowout" but one hanging to the ground, swollen and raw is worthless, whether broken, blown out, bent or just too heavy to sheath.

Right he said there is nothing to break that it explodes. I see where you are coming from he said he has seen some bulls though form a fistula and are still able to breed cows. He said it is not necessarily hamburger time and that many farmers are to quick to take good bulls to be hamburger when their peter explodes. He said bout 70-80% of time it would be fine and could rebreed. He said there are those rare occasions and always exceptions to the rule.

Latest posts