Honey Doing...

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleAnnie

Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Honey's doing well.

Sorry about typing that on the computer about his accident last night. I was posting to Frenchie when the lady phoned, and was kind of in a bit of shock, I guess.

Anyway, long and short of it was that Honey was heading into town to go to work (driving for a living - how ironic), and he came around a corner on the highway, and there was a car with half of the vehicle's body in his lane.

It happened so fast, all he had time to do was slack off on the accelerator before he head-on hit the back half of a young woman's sedan.

Fortunately, both were released last night. The woman has a fractured scapula. Honey has a nasty little concussion (vomiting last night, but that's settled down) bad headache, some bruising, and a right knee that's balooned up and that the hospital put a dressing on to stabilize.

Guess Honey had his Christmas gift early. Some of the first people to arrive were a pair of paramedics travelling in their vehicle heading home after taking a course.

Still can't believe that either party survived. Had to drive through the accident scene with the Haymobile in order to get to the hospital, and got a horrible view of it - both vehicles are totalled.

If either one hadn't been wearing their seatbelts, they would have been ejected from their vehicles. No joke.

Well, guess that's about all there is to say, except thanks for all the prayers and concern. And again, sorry for posting something like that.

Take care.

Glad to hear that he's on the mend. Gotta be careful this time of year with all the ice and snow. There have been several really bad accidents around here the last few weeks.

Don't worry about it, CA. I'm just happy that he's going to be ok! :D Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Thanks for the update Cattle Annie. We hope and pray that Honey will get continue to improve. Give him our best wishes.

We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

What a terrible shock and amazing blessing for you. I'm so glad to hear he's going to be OK.

I wish your family and everyone else a wonderful Christmas with newfound gratitude for everyday miracles.

So glad to hear everything's OK - sort of. Hope he improves quick and enjoys the holidays as best as he can. Wish you both the best. I hear hot cider with a shot of Amaretto is a real cure-all ;-) Not speaking from experience of course :)

DG

:shock: I work in an ER---- ALWAYS, AlWAYS wear those
seatbelts, even in that big ole truck!!!! ;-) Glad everyone
is ok!

Happy New Year to all the fine folk here!

Update on Honey - gotta love those tough Canuckleheads. He seems to have gotten over the spinning room episodes, and is getting around well enough on his knee to have gone back to work yesterday.

Anyway, thanks again to all the well-wishers.

Oh, yeah, and a belated Merry Christmas to all from the crew at Rockytop Ranch. ;-)

Take care.

ps. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Was kind of tired out over the last while...driving at work through quite a few days of freezing rain (pouring in December!!!) and choring cattle and the hayburners left me pretty whooped by the end of the night.

Really great to hear CattleAnnie. Thanks for the update. Have a Happy New Year.

Thanks for the update CattleAnnie. I'm very glad to hear that your Honey is doing much better and getting around that well.

You stay well so you can keep caring for the cows that you have left.

Best Wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year for you and your family.

CattleAnnie, thanks for the update. I hope you and yours have a wonderfull and very prosperous New Year!

CattleAnnie, I'm glad to hear that Honey is doing well. I hope the new year brings good health and all around improvements and less struggle for you.

Katherine

Guess I missed this the first time around, Annie. Sorry to hear it, but glad everything is looking up for you guys. Hope y'all can have a better 2006.