Homozygous Polled Blonde d´Aquitaine cattle is a reality!

Help Support CattleToday:

Blonde d'Aquitaine

Reaction score
It is not more a dream: Fullblood Homozygous Polled Blonde d´Aquitaine calves imported as embryos from Canada are now part of our herd in Germany. Their sire and dam are homozygous polled (PP) what means that their descendants are also naturally polled and so also the descendants of our calves. Blonde d´Aquitaine is the perfect tool to get less over-fatty carcasses. Easy calving and good character are natural characteristics of this breed. And now homozygous polled! Get it.
[img][/img]

More info in http://www.blonde-d-aurach.de

Has been reality for at least fifteen years in Sweden, a really small country when it comes to Blonde breeding. I love the breed; however your ill adviced and missplaced advertising appear like spam on this board, and I do not appriciate that. :bang:

ANAZAZI":3erwnggz said:
Has been reality for at least fifteen years in Sweden, a really small country when it comes to Blonde breeding. I love the breed; however your ill adviced and missplaced advertising appear like spam on this board, and I do not appriciate that. :bang:

I agree! He has been told before! Doesn't really care about the rules just wants a free ad. :roll:

:wave: Thank you for your comments. The big difference is that our Canadian embryos are fullblood and not purebred. You can trace each parent line back to their French origin. There is no other breed mixed in. And the Canadian Association makes very strict difference between fullblood and purebred. This statement doesn´t suggest that the Swedish animals are not good. On the contrary there are some very good lines.
Sorry if you think that I am looking for a free add. This forum is about cattle and comments about European breeds are rare. And Blonde d´Aquitaine is a good tool to produce excellent carcasses in Germany, according what the German consumer is looking for. Finally I claim for freedom of opinion!

The problem is you don't come here and participate in any conversation except to promote Blonde's, and for that I feel like 3waycross and Anazazi. There's lots of people here who mildly promote their breed, but they're also there with help when people have health problems with their animals, and anything else.

Since there are black Charolais I wonder how long it will be till there are black Blonde d´Aquitaines

Blonde d'Aquitaine":3ch7pkh5 said:
:wave: Thank you for your comments. The big difference is that our Canadian embryos are fullblood and not purebred. You can trace each parent line back to their French origin. There is no other breed mixed in. And the Canadian Association makes very strict difference between fullblood and purebred. This statement doesn´t suggest that the Swedish animals are not good. On the contrary there are some very good lines.
Sorry if you think that I am looking for a free add. This forum is about cattle and comments about European breeds are rare. And Blonde d´Aquitaine is a good tool to produce excellent carcasses in Germany, according what the German consumer is looking for. Finally I claim for freedom of opinion!
Maybe you should try a different approach to "advertising" your breed without breaking the rules.

Dun, it is an oxymoron to have Black Blondes, but it is being done. Some breeders get all riled up when you talk about it.

There was a push in the US in the late 80's and early 90's and they called them Black d'Aquitaine. Today the some Australian breeders are trying to push in that direction as well.

I have even tried a Black blonde bull via AI. He was born in 1990 and is homozygous polled which is a bonus in our breed. I really like the calves, and don't really care about colour, polled, horned, fullblood, purebred, just want to breed good cattle that are marketable.

If all goes well there should be a picture of a heifer calf born mid-April of 2014 with the picture taken late August.

WSS_24B_small.JPG

M.Magis":1f1jvdip said:
WSS_24B_small.JPG

You had the URL of the thumbnail itself. You need to open the pic, and then copy the URL.
That would be a "Noir d´Aquitaine"

The Blond d'Aquitaine breed is getting more and more popular in Germany because only one reason besides the typical ones all breeder expose about their cattle (maternal ability, calving ease, etc...) and this is: Better price for the carcasses. The European Classification System rewards young and lean carcasses. We feed bulls and are not allowed to use hormones, neither Rumensin or similars (nothing against them form my side). Our German consumer, better said, our client, is refusing excess of fat (please underline "excess", the consumer is not refusing fat at all!). Consequently I need to produce enough marbled carcasses to support juiciness and get fat soluble vitamins (E,D,K and A) and some CLA's and Omega 3 (more in Europe because of pastures, impossible in corn based feedlots) but I have to avoid the excess of fat (steak decoration) that ultimately nobody eats and lands in the trashcan. Besides this fact producing excess fat is too expensive for us. Consequently Blonde d'Aquitaine is being used in Germany to cross with Simmental cows. Blonde d'Aquitaine has fine bones and is extremely long finds in the Simmental cow the perfect mother to produce better carcasses in less time. Other breeder like Angus, Charolais and Limousin are trying it.

But commercial Simmental owners logically refuse horned breeds. Consequently we are happy to be able to offer them a Fullblood Polled Blonde d'Aquitaine alternative. But these polled lines have also to show their advantages in the carcasses conformation. They must be as good as the horned ones.

Final remark: Fullblood Blonde d'Aquitaine is NOT a double-muscled breed!