Homemade Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

txfishing

Reaction score
I've read some post about people make there own pasture sprayers from a 55 Gallon drum. Does anyone have a picture of a homemade sprayer. Trying to get an idea what it would look like.

Thanks!

sprayer4.jpg

if thats homemade it sure looks good. it looks like a 25 gallion agi spray with boom to me though.
i dont have a picture but how i done mine. i got a sealed vegitable drum. i bought and mounted the pump on top and drilled a hole right beside the pump for the hose. i built a tube framed little trailer with boom arms and bought the hoses and spray tips. i think with everything it cost me around $135. my sprayer can be pulled by 4wheeler or tractor.

TheLazyM":12cxl0m9 said:
if thats homemade it sure looks good. it looks like a 25 gallion agi spray with boom to me though.
i dont have a picture but how i done mine. i got a sealed vegitable drum. i bought and mounted the pump on top and drilled a hole right beside the pump for the hose. i built a tube framed little trailer with boom arms and bought the hoses and spray tips. i think with everything it cost me around $135. my sprayer can be pulled by 4wheeler or tractor.

From your description, sounds like you have a 12volt pump setup on top of your barrel. How many Gallons Per Minute (GPM) rating on the pump would you recommend for a setup similar to yours?

Also what did you make the boom arms from? Angle Iron or something else?
Thanks!

TheLazyM":kq5nkold said:

Naw, its a 60 gallon tank. I had someone give it me about 10-15 years ago and I said I was going to make a sprayer out of it. Well 15 years later I did. I run a Hypro pump off of the PTO. I also have a pressure bypass so it don't blow my lines up. The booms are made from bed frames and I used stainless steel cable to support the beams. I think I paid around $115 for the pump, another $20 for the regulator, $20 for a strainer, and probably $40 for hoses and fittings and stuff. Oh, and a PTO adapter for the pump. I probably have about $250 in it which is about $1000 less than the cheapest PTO driven of this size I have seen anywhere. Plus I made it. :lol: