Homemade Creosote

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowder is out of commission I do believe. One of them big women he so loved must of finally got the best of him.

M-5":2bnyf381 said:
this thread is 10yrs old

That's about the time pressure treating went to shyt.
Cost me plenty warranting twisted split and warped lumber. I finally quit using it completely

ram":zmstncwm said:
Crowder is out of commission I do believe. One of them big women he so loved must of finally got the best of him.
He's still on here with a different name and he's all business now.

ga.prime":28folspw said:
ram":28folspw said:
He musta finally caught one of those big women then--life liberty and the happiness of pursuit all changes when that happens.

We did the home made creosote thing when I was a kid--pressure, not vacuum. I don't want no more part of it--dang lucky we didn't blow ourselves up with that nasty stinkin mess. All it woulda took was one stuck gauge or thermometer and that big old tank would have come from together.

ga.prime":1usw417w said:
ram":1usw417w said:
What is the new name?

tom4018":3sisoabn said:
ga.prime":3sisoabn said:
ram":3sisoabn said:
What is the new name?

If he's back under a new name I would have never guessed it, crowder was a unique personality.

Alan":3168f10f said:
tom4018":3168f10f said:
What is the new name?

If he's back under a new name I would have never guessed it, crowder was a unique personality.
I chat with him once in a while, has never mentioned being back on here but he may be. I have met him and he is a super nice guy.

tom4018":2aefdnan said:
Alan":2aefdnan said:
tom4018":2aefdnan said:
What is the new name?

I chat with him once in a while, has never mentioned being back on here but he may be. I have met him and he is a super nice guy.

I wish he would come back. I never had the pleasure of reading him.

I make up 15 gallons at a time. I have a Vat for dipping posts in, made from an old tank cut in two,8 feet long. Works great.Here's my recipe. 5 gallons of coal tar roofing or driveway sealer, 5 gallons of Diesel Fuel 5 gallons of burned Diesel oil,2 lbs of feed salt Stir well with an old shovel.
You can simply dip about 2 feet of your post in a bucket of this formula, or dip the entire post in the vat.Soak for a couple hours.For use on boards, simply get an old pump sprayer, or use a paint roller. Wear long sleeve clothing. On some board fencing, I've poured in a gallon of cheaper oil based black paint in the mixture to help it flow.Lasts for years.In some hot climates it may fade a little quicker. No liability written, expressed or implied. Check all local and State laws, before using. :shock:
What do you mean by burned diesel oil?

Latest posts