Homemade Box blade

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I posted several months ago a loader frame I Picked up at the scrap yard. Sat morning I was looking at it and In my mind I envisioned a new box blade. I then gathered up some scrap I had laying around. I would have designed it differently if I had of wanted to buy the steel to fabricate it. I used what I had and think It turned out nice. It is HEAVY approx. 600# is my guess. I had about a pint of JD yellow I sprayed but not enough to do it all. I then Emptied some rattle cans to put in spray gun and again not enough to do it right. I will pick up a gallon today but cant decide what color I want to paint it.

Gonna add shanks to it also when I find some long enough or I may have to build them

skyhightree1":38svfucp said:
Nice... Do you have an agri supply near you they have shanks pretty cheap.

No I don't have one near me. All I saw the had last night was 18" ones I need at least 20" because I height. I will probably make them or buy short ones and add some length to them.

Gonna paint it red. They didn't have the Jd green in stock today in rustoleum. I would have had to special order The old green color any way.

M-5":1xwapp39 said:
skyhightree1":1xwapp39 said:
Nice... Do you have an agri supply near you they have shanks pretty cheap.

No I don't have one near me. All I saw the had last night was 18" ones I need at least 20" because I height. I will probably make them or buy short ones and add some length to them.

Gonna paint it red. They didn't have the Jd green in stock today in rustoleum. I would have had to special order The old green color any way.

Oh ok. Yea not many places carry that old deere paint anymore.

Latest posts