homemade bale wrapper

Help Support CattleToday:

Dean the hobby farmer":273jygs1 said:
I would like to find blueprints or if someone had a round bale wrapper built,I would like to see pics of them Thanks Dean :D

two years ago I sold mine ( inline wrapper, 20 inches plastic) for $6500.00 and it was in good working condition. I bought an Anderson. Find a used one. I think that gonna be cheaper than to try to built one.

Dean the hobby farmer":2h02vraw said:
I would like to find blueprints or if someone had a round bale wrapper built,I would like to see pics of them Thanks Dean :D

I'll have to see if I can find a link tomorrow (bedtime now that I have to drive the schoolbus again) but depending on how much work would wanted to do in exchange for keeping most of your money in your pocket I saw a slick idea in FARM SHOW http://www.farmshow.com magazine a few years back. Guy wanted to wrap a few bales on his own, so he built a thing in the shop that looks like a big upside down letter "L" with a wheel on the bottom and spike on the top. He flipped all the bales up on end with the tractor loader and then puts the spike in the center of the bale, pulls the plastic out and wedges the end under the twine, and then walks around the bale. The frame has a 'trolley' that moves up and down by using a crank that holds a roll of plastic and the 'brake' to keep the plastic pulled tight and stretch it. The bale is wrapped all the way around from the ground end to the top end as he gives the handle a crank or so for every walk around the bale. IIRC the guy said that he could wrap a bale in about 2-3 minutes set-up and all and only had to walk around the bale about 3-4 times. Seems like the whole rig only cost about maybe $100 and half a day in the shop to put it all together. Think of like a tubeline wrapper that did individual bales.

Now if you wanted to go more automated/high tech/ more $$$ I saw a neat deal at the equipment auction in Sealy last year... It was basically a set of hay forks, but the forks would rotate. One fork was a slick pipe mounted to freewheel on ball bearings and the other one had some light treads on it mounted on ball bearings but turned by a sprocket to a small orbit motor. The hay fork mast continued up above the three point like a forklift mast and then had an frame coming off it toward the rear out over the forks, and another upside down "L" shaped arm was mounted to the center of it on roller bearings/hub also powered by a sprocket and small orbit motor, so that the "L" shaped arm revolved around the bale front-back side-side. The idea is, you back up with the three point, pick up the bale on the forks as with a standard hay fork, then get off and stick the plastic under the twine, then throw the thing in gear. As the forks turn and rotate the bale in the 'cradle' the arm revolves around the bale and wraps the sides and ends with plastic like an individual bale table-type wrapper. (Silage bale wrapper). After the bale makes a half revolution on the rollers it is completely wrapped ends and all.

Would definitely be cheaper than one of those side-load table type wrappers but do the same job pretty much from the tractor seat. Good luck and see what I can find tomorrow. OL JR :)

991bfront.jpg

If you want to start at the top. McHale makes more bale wrappers than anyone else in the world.

Latest posts