home

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
We are home. We put on over 3000 km in 10 days. The little car now needs a rest...and so do we.
Now i need a holiday
I got a surprise...hubby came home with a 46" TV. We transported the thing about 1700 km to home. He said he got a good deal. So much for having one month of a zero balance credit card. I was so looking forward to getting that in the mail, a first in three years...oh well, something to look forward to in a couple of months.

Wife and I rented a Lincoln Town Car a few years back and drove it all over the country. Put a tad over 5k miles on it in 9 days. Took it up some roads in Colorado that wouldn't make good logging roads, not to mention the cross country jaunts in Wyoming. If those folks at the rental place only knew...

cfpinz":1x9zmv12 said:
Wife and I rented a Lincoln Town Car a few years back and drove it all over the country. Put a tad over 5k miles on it in 9 days. Took it up some roads in Colorado that wouldn't make good logging roads, not to mention the cross country jaunts in Wyoming. If those folks at the rental place only knew...

Didn't trust your trucks enough to make the long trip or didn't you want to risk taking them out on the rough roads because you were afraid the might get a scratch?

KNERSIE":3g5z2clf said:
Didn't trust your trucks enough to make the long trip or didn't you want to risk taking them out on the rough roads because you were afraid the might get a scratch?

Little bit of both! My trucks are definately not built for comfort. When we travel in one of mine all of our clothes get stuffed in a Tupperwear container in the bed, they're all single cabs and have 4.10 rears. Wife has an extended cab Dudge but it might get 13mpg empty, going downhill, in neutral.

Summer of '06 we drove half way across the country in one of my trucks, stacked 3 bale beds on top of the flatbed and came home. Drove into town a couple days after we got back and the water pump let loose, that was lucky.

Latest posts