Home Made Steak Marinade Recipie

Help Support CattleToday:

Livestock-D

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share the following marinade recipie for steaks.

First one:

1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon of soya sauce or worchester sauce.
1 fresh garlic clove (Minced)
Your favorite steak spice (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a square container or big deep frying pan with a cover.

place steaks in the marinade, lightly rub them, and turn over. then sprinkle a little of your favorite steak spice on both sides, leave it sit in the marinade for 1 to 1/12 hours before cooking. turn them over every 30 mins.

trick is to leave it at room temperature, do not refridgerate.

Then barbeque.

Enjoy, It is a great marinade I use all the time.
P.S. The steaks will sear at first when you put them on the BBQ, but it is only for a few secs. this is because of the olive oil.
Also the Olive oil holds the flavor of the garlic and soya or worchester sauce.

All the best, and God Bless

http://livestock-id.blogspot.com

Guess we all have our favorite way of doing things. Me..just salt, pepper, a little garlic and a bed of coals.

TexasBred":159g7a46 said:
Guess we all have our favorite way of doing things. Me..just salt, pepper, a little garlic and a bed of coals.

I'm with you on this, except that I don't want anything except salt and pepper on mine. The steak's own juices is all the sauce I need.

KNERSIE":pviso598 said:
TexasBred":pviso598 said:

I'm with you on this, except that I don't want anything except salt and pepper on mine. The steak's own juices is all the sauce I need.
If a steak has to be tarted up like that it's better off being turned into burger and used in something.

I just love a great steak too!
Here's what I do-
*Just pat them dry * rub in a little cracked pepper and garlic * grill until cooked medium * let sit a couple minutes * than put on your salt.
TRY IT... YOU"LL LIKE IT!
It's the best, I promise. :pretty:

Well I'll go the other way, just butchered a hereford steer that is so tender, it's out of this world..... but I like the Idea of the olive oil and sealing the garic in.... I'm trying it tonight. You can eat the same "ole salt and pepper" steak all you need to.... but sometimes it's good to step out of the box. This comes from a time in my youth when a room mate and I spent too much money on steaks and he insisted on soaking them in coke...2 liters.... one of the best steaks in my memory. I'll let you know how it goes... thanks for the suggestion!!

Alan

BTW, we'll be having baked potatoes with bacon bits and cheese, warm dinner rolls and whole corn on the side. To finish it off we'll be having "nowland farms" blueberry cobbler recipe with ice cream..... :p :p :p :p . I'll admit I did the blue berry cobbler once before without the "self rising flour".... my wife ate half of it and said it was good but missing something to make it so it has better crust. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Alan

KNERSIE":kvka49bw said:
Alan, its not nice to bragg.

Well I figure the extra 40 lbs around my waist might give me the right... never mind. :oops: BTW the steak was excellent, nicely seared on the outside and great flavor..... I'm not a big blue berry fan but the ice cream is always good.

Alan

Alan":2dz0qdx2 said:
Well I'll go the other way, just butchered a hereford steer that is so tender, it's out of this world..... but I like the Idea of the olive oil and sealing the garic in.... I'm trying it tonight. You can eat the same "ole salt and pepper" steak all you need to.... but sometimes it's good to step out of the box. This comes from a time in my youth when a room mate and I spent too much money on steaks and he insisted on soaking them in coke...2 liters.... one of the best steaks in my memory. I'll let you know how it goes... thanks for the suggestion!!

Alan

Hey Alan,
Let us know your thoughts, how was your steak?

http://livestock-id.blogspot.com

I used your marinade on some t-bones this weekend and thought the marinade was pretty good. I liked the way it made my spice concoction stick to the meat. I was a little worried that I "over did it" but everyone enjoyed them and the flavor.

Jogeephus":32z45i4z said:
I used your marinade on some t-bones this weekend and thought the marinade was pretty good. I liked the way it made my spice concoction stick to the meat. I was a little worried that I "over did it" but everyone enjoyed them and the flavor.

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback Jogeephus. Glad you and your guests enjoyed the steaks.

All the Best.

This recipe is almost more of a dredge than a marinade. A marinade will usually have an acidic, or an enzyme, component to tenderize the meat.

By dredge I mean instead of "marinating" in it it is meant to be a dredging solution. In other words slap your steak in it roll it around flip it over and repeat step 1. Then if you want to apply a seasoning you can. It works especially well on meat that is not heavily marbled, in fact it would not be indicated for a high choice or prime steak, as it would definately take away from the natural flavor of the meat.

I actually like steaks cooked in this type solution just not real good ones.

The great grilling chefs that I have worked with use a bit of ground sea salt and some fresh cracked pepper if anything at all. I am not even a big fan of salting meat until after it is cooked, salt is an astringent and wants to make things contract and give up their water. It will even toughen eggs if applied while cooking.

3waycross":3nq37amh said:
It works especially well on meat that is not heavily marbled, in fact it would not be indicated for a high choice or prime steak, as it would definately take away from the natural flavor of the meat.

This is what I meant when I was afraid I might have "overdid it". These steaks didn't need doctoring but what the heck, I'm always willing to try something different. The dredge reminded me somewhat of the dredge that I had on the best steak I ever ate. I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it was something like this but butter based rather than olive oil. As for it taking away, I don't think it did or at least whatever it might have taken away it replaced with something equally good. I wish I could talk the chef into telling me how they prepared the steak I liked so much but I've tried and its his little secret and it keeps me coming back for more.

Latest posts