Home grown replacements

Help Support CattleToday:

WFfarm

Reaction score
This is our group of replacement commercial simm-angus heifers. They are about 16 months old in these photos. Ran them with an Angus bull for the summer and just brought them home this weekend. They averaged 1060lbs at 18 months. The bottom one is my favorite that I'm very happy with. Let me know what you think.
22 heifers.jpg22 6 heifer.jpg

Is the bottom one the 2nd from the right end in the first pic? I do like her. The Simm/Angus in the back looks considerably smaller but could be just the pic.

You ran them with the bull over the summer and they're now only 16 months? Why breed them so young? Just curious. I don't turn out my replacements (primarily Angus) with a bull until 15 months.

Is the bottom one the 2nd from the right end in the first pic? I do like her. The Simm/Angus in the back looks considerably smaller but could be just the pic.

You ran them with the bull over the summer and they're now only 16 months? Why breed them so young? Just curious. I don't turn out my replacements (primarily Angus) with a bull until 15 months.
We put the bull in at age 15 months. They're now 18 months old. We like to have them calve at 2 years old or a little older so they are with the rest of the cattle herd.

Latest posts