Home for wayward ROOSTERS

Help Support CattleToday:

Doug in KY

Reaction score
Someone called my house bound cousin yesterday and said they had seven banty roosters that they had to give away because they were moving and could not take the banties. DC used to keep lots of chickens but due to his illness cannot care for them anymore. DC says to caller, No problem, bring them on down, I'll give them to Doug!

Doug has four roosters now, a full chicken house, eggs comming out of his ears, and just got his baby chick order this week.

If you're in the market for a banty rooster, I'll make you a real deal ! :D

If they could travel I'd have some....if they were like old Foghorn....
EmoticonCatchHen.gif

Foghorn Leghorn: Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is.

Doug almost the same thing happened to me. 'They are such cute little things, Ali has the space' etc .My elder brother arrived with a 'present' -two pullets and a rooster! Wow, you must see them now, they are even laying in the trees in birds nests :shock: :shock: if I didn't know better I would have thought there were eggs falling from the sky :lol: . My advice would be--chop,chop,chop!

One of my better moments in life was when I realized that I was finally out of chickens. Maybe I can have a garden this year...

I like my chickens but they belong in the chicken house. Only have one hen now as indigenous wild life got into the chicken tractor and pretty well cleaned me out. One hen survived and I put her in the pen with the gunieas and she is doing fine. Need to get a couple more hens.

I do turn the guniea roosters out as they don't bother the garden and do help with the bugs. got a white one this year and don't think he would survive long so I guess I will keep him up. My guniea hens have just started to lay. Only have three hens but got two eggs yesterday. want one of them to go to setting on eggs soon.

I would like to have me some more chickens at some point, but I'm not ready yet for that. I'd have to keep the penned up all the time like I used to. We had a lot of range chickens and they just took over.

chrisy":3j5g0x25 said:
If they could travel I'd have some....if they were like old Foghorn....
EmoticonCatchHen.gif

Foghorn Leghorn: Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is.

Oh, Chrisy, you've been watchin way to much early mornin TV!!! :lol: :lol: