Holy Howling Wind!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Just going crazy today.

Wind started this afternoon. So far reports are a 7 vehicle pile up due to dust blowing. About a mile father down the highway a 4 vehicle pile up.
A fire north in Blaine County is at 5,000 acres and still going. Caused by a railroad worker grinding on the tracks; what a moron!
A fire in Cascade County is still going too. Caused by a downed power line.
Just outside I saw the roofing lifting on the kids rabbit house.
Friend had his 22' gooseneck stock trailer get flipped over onto a combine pickup header.
Another friend reported they had a grain bin getting moved around by the wind.

Wonder how much more damage is going to be reported tomorrow.

I guess I should have said something. It was here on Monday morning and my weather is generally headed your direction. I think the tractor was about the only thing out at the barn that didn't get moved here.

Oh, we had snow here at sea level yesterday. I think that is headed your way now.

Dave it has been hitting the Rocky Mountain Front and stays there, nothing is crossing over to us.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Beautiful out there this morning...Only about 25- but no wind- and they are predicting it to get to 70... :D

I see where the Tribune is reporting that fire in Hill/Blaine counties burned 12,000 acres....

We have been getting hammered one storm after another coming in off the ocean this week. The mud in the cow yard is now covered with water. It is one huge mud puddle. We will be flooding by Saturday I am pretty sure.

OT talked to a firefighter I know who was on the Portage and Moodie Fires. Lack of communication was pretty bad on those fires. He said he was darn glad to see the farmers pulling up with water tanks.
Was in the Falls yesterday and boy you could see where the Moodie fire had started in at least 2 different areas.
Hope this is a lesson for those guys doing block farming; CUT A FLIPPING FIRE BREAK!
I know they won't learn til we burn down half our county.

Dave we could really stand some rain right now.