Holter EKG monitor

Help Support CattleToday:

My best friend wore one for a month. Huge PITA because she had to press a button every time she had an "episode" which was somewhat difficult, depending on what she was doing, so accuracy is subjective. But I believe there is one you wear for 24 hours that automatically records everything. She's now managing and doing great.

How do you take a bath/shower with it on? I'll only have to wear it for week

I have Dun. But if I remember correctly, it was 48 hours. I was allowed to shower, but had to be careful, not get the stuff wet. If I remember correctly, I took a sponge bath, with the help of my husband!
I know I was itchy as all get out by the end of the first day!!!! Good luck putting up with it for a week!

dun":3urstg5i said:
How do you take a bath/shower with it on? I'll only have to wear it for week
She didn't wear it when she showered, which is why results are typically less than accurate. Even driving a tractor and fumbling around for the dang button is an issue because if you press the button too late it doesn't record the full extent of the heart rate/episode. The flip side is hitting the button by mistake & it records a perfectly normal heartbeat. Honestly? Stressed her out, which automatically skewed the results.

A friend of ours had to wear one, twice, both times for 48 hours. He didn't need to press any buttons for anything. He could bathe, they instructed him to put it in plastic, and do his best to keep it dry.

Both times the Dr.'s office people were happy with the results ------ as in, they got good solid readings.

He found it to be a minor inconvenience, no big deal kind of thing.

I've had to wear one several times over the years. The last one was supposed to be for a prolonged period but after two tick bites (no showering, just spitbaths, I was advised), I took the dang thing off a day early