Holstein Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Wormy Coyote

Reaction score
[/img]http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/uploads/3307/hog_059.jpg[/img]

She's due in August with a half Brangus calf. Heres to it being a heifer ! :drink:

Wormy Coyote":1vxjvoms said:
hog_059.jpg

She's due in August with a half Brangus calf. Heres to it being a heifer ! :drink:

You had on to many / bars and the path was different than what I found. Looks like you posted your "upload" properties to ranchers.net rather than the "data" properties at ranchers.net.

Click on the picture I linked and see the difference.

What are your plans if she does have a heifer? Are you wanting to run it as a beef cow or run her in the milking string?

novaman":1lt11jqr said:
What are your plans if she does have a heifer? Are you wanting to run it as a beef cow or run her in the milking string?

I want to use her as a nurse cow. If I can get a heifer calf I will definitely retain it as a replacement beef cow. Additional calves will be Holstein heifers, how many will depend of course on her milk output. I plan to pasture her and feed as well, but not with the beef herd. I dont think she will have a problem handling three calves in the setup I have. I am going to breed her back to a Brahman bull. I want a bunch of Brahman/Holstein F1's and since they are so hard to find anymore I am going to have to raise them myself now that time and finances are finally going to allow me to do so. I want my whole herd of beef cows to be these F1's.