Holiday at last!

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I took a huge step on Wednesday and sold all my calves between the age of 3 & 7 months plus 9 dairy cows.
The last time I had a really good holiday was in 2004. When you own animals one just does not seem to get away for a decent holiday. Anyway, I'm off to see the beautiful Namibia for 3 weeks with the knowledge that there are not sooo many mouths to feed in my absence.
The prices of meat here are excellent at the moment, the World Cup obviously having a huge influence. Interestingly enough, the calves ages 3-6months old obtained better prices than the 7 month old calves that I would usually only have sold. All in all the gamble paid off :D.

Enjoy yor holiday and Namibia, I love that place, definately my favourite vacation spot, especially the Skeleton Coast. Why are you running away from the world cup?

KNERSIE":xyh2077b said:
Why are you running away from the world cup?
Thanks Knersie-I'm running to the hills/desert where I will hear no man made noise ;-) .
LazyARanch":xyh2077b said:
but don't take a vacation away from CT for too long!
Thanks LAR-the laptop is going with, can't fall behind with my cattle studies you know ;-) .
We leave on Tuesday, I have spent the last couple of weeks getting everything in order and to cap it all it rained a good inch last night. Nothing much left for me to do now........but wait. I must say home is quite nice when it is organised :p .

Do you have to worry about the rhino and elephants getting in your yard while you're gone? What about the hippos getting in the swiming pool? Have a good time gs

Greg, don't you throw a spanner in the works now :p . Thanks, will post some pics(of Namibia not the elephants and rhino).

alisonb":3p1r03hc said:
Greg, don't you throw a spanner in the works now :p . Thanks, will post some pics(of Namibia not the elephants and rhino).

Please include these too! Have a great vacation.

Thanks Jogee, I will perhaps get a couple of shots of the desert elephants but don't know about the rhino. There may be one wallowing in the pool when I get back home though :shock: .

Congrats on finally getting a much deserved holiday Alison. Have a fabulous time and yes take lots of pics so I can live vicariously through you... :D

Happy Holidays.. :wave:

Thanks HD, will do :D
Meet Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, hope he gets us there and back safely :shock: .
DSC00261.jpg

Latest posts