Holding up.

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Went out to check and see if the cows needed hay the other evening, I saw they had put the bull on baby sitting duty and they had gone to the hay ring, he didn't look to happy about it, so I went and got him some grain and the camera. I put him out Dec 1st with about 10 cows so he doesn't have to work to hard, looks like he's not lost much but a little fat. All the calves scattered when I drove up to him except 2, and I got one picture of one of them before they took off. Calf is not one of his. Expecting the first calves by him this spring though. :)

IMG_20571111.jpg

IMG_2056111.jpg

He looks nice and healthy. How is that heifer calf you posted a while back doing?

Which bull is that?

The calf looks very good and very moderate, I expected to see more frame. I like the depth at an early age and the excellent chest width.

Knersie, you posted a picture of a young bull, I believe he was 18 months old, a few weeks back. I was really taken with him and would like to see another picture and learn something about his breeding.

KNERSIE":1ey24g22 said:
Which bull is that?

My Churchill bull.

The calf looks very good and very moderate, I expected to see more frame. I like the depth at an early age and the excellent chest width.

Not all my cows are big framed, infact the majority of them right now are 5 or 6 frames. I still have a few older ones [ 8 year olds ] that hit the 7 frame mark. Here's the dam of the calf pictured, she's about 18 months old in the pic. This is her first calf. Just guessing, as I have not measured her lately, she's a mid to high 5 frame.

IMG_1427111.jpg

rocket2222":v9maqnmc said:
cfpinz":v9maqnmc said:
That bull needs horns! ;-)

mmmm, your not selling big red and going all black on me, I won't be able to give you a hard time on which bull to use on those red heifers. :( :cry2:

I'm not a big fan of black, although our voting public seems to be! Your girls will meet the angus bull in a few weeks, then they'll spend next winter with either the red gelbvieh or the balancer. Big red ain't going nowhere, just I have no use for straightbred calves. If I could make them pay the same, every animal I owned would be red.

rocket2222":8m82k71a said:
Here's the dam of the calf pictured, she's about 18 months old in the pic. This is her first calf. Just guessing, as I have not measured her lately, she's a mid to high 5 frame.

IMG_1427111.jpg
I think this is as nice a cow I have seen posted on here. Very Pretty and feminine looking, nice and long from front to back. Definately a beef animal. And of course, such a pretty color! :lol2:

angie":n8yj3nag said:
I think this is as nice a cow I have seen posted on here. Very Pretty and feminine looking, nice and long from front to back. Definately a beef animal. And of course, such a pretty color! :lol2:

Thanks Angie, she's actually not one of my favorites, but I'm starting to like her more after seeing how her calf's growing.
Btw, hope your friend gets over the squirrel problem. :roll: :lol:

Latest posts