Hogs!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":2dzxfom2 said:
They must have been moving last night. Got a phone call this a.m. from my BIL. He ran my traps. There's an even dozen. Hogs n shoats. Not a record for me but pretty darn good. It only tells me that the situation is worse than I had anticipated. Caught these on one of my the neighbor's place.

Boogie, I was over in the Hamilton, Texas area a few weeks ago and driving down a farm to market road. Topped the hill, hundreds of buzzards flew everywhere and there on the side of the road was a pile of dead hogs like I've never seen....must have been 20-30 of them.....stopped on down the road and asked a man about them and he said someone was killing them and dumping them there....they were trying to catch the guy....he said it didn't bother him at all as long as the culprit just kept killing hogs. ;-)

If he killed 30, I'd be proud of him. But I would fire up the hoe and dig a pit for him.

Cal the nastiest thing a person can eat has to be a channel cat. The only way I can catch yellow cat is with live bait. If you want to catch a channel cat, find anything that stinks and put it on the hook.

backhoeboogie":30edpr3z said:
If he killed 30, I'd be proud of him. But I would fire up the hoe and dig a pit for him.

Cal the nastiest thing a person can eat has to be a channel cat. The only way I can catch yellow cat is with live bait. If you want to catch a channel cat, find anything that stinks and put it on the hook.

You got that right...the more rotten it is...the better they bite....My BIL lives on Lake Granbury. He's keeps lines out all the time....found out "Gummy worms" catch blue cat. ;-) Channel cat hit only the "Old Roy" he uses for bait. :lol2:

backhoeboogie":3lj4fq2v said:

I don't know a chicken is nothing but a walking buzzard.

The Brazos has been up. It looks like they must all be stuck on our side of the bend. Neighbors (down on the farm) are asking me to come put out traps. All my traps are already employed. There's 11 more sections to be trapped if a responsible person wanted the hogs.

Texas Boars has banned me because I have a land owner's perspective. It used tobe a great place to contact and to exchange. Then it evolved three times and is under new management. Sort of a commercial bait sale site or something. I aint using another email address and joining up again. Several folks want a new hog forum. How does one go about such a task to create a forum for land owners/farmers?