Hog

Help Support CattleToday:

SkinMan

Reaction score
I've been in this area for 18 years and this is the first hog I have seen. There goes the neighborhood....

21drc08.jpg

It won't be your last sighting either. You will need to kill 70% of the population each year just to keep the population level. They are a menace. Good luck with them.

SkinMan":116ujh67 said:
I have a new AR-15 I've been wanting to try out. Hopefully I can run across him and see how good it performs.

Good luck. They go down easy but don't always stay down. Brother shot one 5 times with a 44 magnum, knocked him down everytime but he kept getting up. I'd be looking for something with a little more wallup.

Brute 23":3b9wy7zq said:
Your brother had bad shot placement or the wrong type of bullet for the job. Check those before you go buying guns. I have killed more hogs with a .22mag than any thing else.

Brute I'm not saying a 22 or a AR-15 won't kill ahog.....but I'd much prefer something that would drop him in his tracks 99.9% of the time IF as you said "I hit him in the right place". (I don't run as fast as I use to). :lol2:

The AR-15 is more accurate but I'll take my AK-47 as it has more knock down power with it's 7.62x39 bullet. Plus if I accidentally drag it through the mud & muck it will shoot just as if it were cleaned spic and span. Crude & simple but very effective.

tncattle":1wl9xaci said:
The AR-15 is more accurate but I'll take my AK-47 as it has more knock down power with it's 7.62x39 bullet. Plus if I accidentally drag it through the mud & muck it will shoot just as if it were cleaned spic and span. Crude & simple but very effective.
My old 444 Marlin has also taken a few !!!! :)

I like my Browning 12 gauge, 24" barrel, with rifle sights. Add that + a brenneke slug, and you can take down anything short of a tank.

tncattle":2rxz9ucs said:

They've been that way since '47. But the AR-15 is much faster and more accurate on longer shots. That AK get's pretty heavy after a while as well. But it will definitely do the job.

Start killing every one you see if you can't shoot them poison them just do what you got to do to get them gone. Then see if someone is turning then loose to hunt or work dogs on if so you might need to have a talk to them also

BRYANT":3oq6uw7r said:
Start killing every one you see if you can't shoot them poison them just do what you got to do to get them gone. Then see if someone is turning then loose to hunt or work dogs on if so you might need to have a talk to them also

I know of a few "additives" that supposedly will take them out but have never used them. Just sure as hel someone would turn in that we had some kind of bad disease killing off the wild hog population and I'd spend the rest of my life behind bars.

Latest posts