Hog pen question/suggestions

Help Support CattleToday:

J&D Cattle":w8vv7nu0 said:
Kash is 9 and Josie is 7. Growing like weeds.
She should be old enough for her to start shooting that 22 if Kash will share it

dun":1hdrujmd said:
J&D Cattle":1hdrujmd said:
She should be old enough for her to start shooting that 22 if Kash will share it

She has shot it a couple of times. I really think she will end up being a better shot. Much more patient.

J&D Cattle":38dbwsvo said:
dun":38dbwsvo said:
J&D Cattle":38dbwsvo said:

She has shot it a couple of times. I really think she will end up being a better shot. Much more patient.
Typical of girl shooters.

Don't know what breeds are in these but they will be on my plate

PART_1458313798123_IMG_20160305_095847109_zpsa43zubwl.jpg

LRTX1":2yopirgz said:
So I see you went with used square wire fence for the pen?

Oh no my pens going to be raised and out of wood. I bartered with the guy who raises hogs to give me some and keep them probably this year or until my pens built I give him a ton of feed a week but generally its more like 2 tons per week because I cant give it all to my cows :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Hes happy im happy no rush to build it and no headache if they get out for me.

Eating pigs, go Berk x Duroc or pure Berk. Whole different experience. Showing wise, get what you like to look at and remember it costs as much or more to feed a crappy animal as it does to feed quality. We raise both and the girls like showing the dark OPB's so that's what we show. Eating wise I'm going to Berk in my crosses due to the quality they add to the meat.

Wasting a lot of feed buddy.....cut back and feed them half as much twice a day. I know you got plenty of time for feeding. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":2tz1r4ig said:
Wasting a lot of feed buddy.....cut back and feed them half as much twice a day. I know you got plenty of time for feeding. :mrgreen:

:lol: Those things are eating a ton of bread and snack cakes and milk in addition to the brewers grain