Hog Killin 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

I just watched the videos, did you process all 5 that were in the second video? Also, what did you use to cut the chops, band saw?
I killed 2 the 2 that I showed inside the trailer my friend processed the 3 others but we did do them together. I have a bandsaw/grinder combo I plan to do a review of it.

That is the cleanest meat saw/grinder/floor/rug/room I have ever seen. Very nice.

lmao I brought it in the house so i can clean it thoroughly instead of going in and out with hot water. I really need to build a nice butcher shop but not at the current wood prices.

So I mentioned in another thread what happened to the pigs.. so technically I killed these in 2021 too lol plan to thaw the belly out and start the bacon soon the hams are salted close to 2 mos now

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_093746895_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211107_093746895_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20211105_225802880.jpg
    IMG_20211105_225802880.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20211104_100844514.jpg
    IMG_20211104_100844514.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20211029_113855633.jpg
    IMG_20211029_113855633.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20211029_111932893.jpg
    IMG_20211029_111932893.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 18
I wish I had your pig killing/preparing abilities. Nice pictures. Want be long before time to plant the gardens again. Yours looked great last year.

First pig processing I saw when I was a little boy was eye opening. From the shot to the sticking to the scalding and burlap bags to the scraping and the opening up and taking out and catching the bad stuff in a tub to the cutting and grinding and salting and spicing and curing and rendering. Man, that was an education for a little kid who had only seen the retail version.
I think we all missed receiving our Christmas ham this year.

When I was growing up, some years, a group of men in our community would get together and kill their hogs all at once. That way they could set up different stations and make it go easier and faster. There was one man in town named SP Laster. SP always wore a train engineer's hat, and he was never seen without it.

SP was the best at gutting hogs there ever was. Everybody in town wanted SP to gut their hogs for them. As the day wore on, SP got tired of gutting and wanted to swap so he could go work at the killing station because that was more fun. About that time, the Principal of our local school came up to SP and asked him if he would gut his hog for him before he changed jobs.

SP took off his hat and threw it on the ground and said very loudly, "My God, the Principal of a High School and can't even gut a hog!"

It is all about perspective, I guess.

I wish I had your pig killing/preparing abilities. Nice pictures. Want be long before time to plant the gardens again. Yours looked great last year.
Heck man pig Killin is easier than processing any other animal IMO.. once you split the carcass you can see where all your cuts are. Thanks yea yours looked great too I gotta put lime down kinda late but it needs it.

When I was growing up, some years, a group of men in our community would get together and kill their hogs all at once. That way they could set up different stations and make it go easier and faster. There was one man in town named SP Laster. SP always wore a train engineer's hat, and he was never seen without it.

SP was the best at gutting hogs there ever was. Everybody in town wanted SP to gut their hogs for them. As the day wore on, SP got tired of gutting and wanted to swap so he could go work at the killing station because that was more fun. About that time, the Principal of our local school came up to SP and asked him if he would gut his hog for him before he changed jobs.

SP took off his hat and threw it on the ground and said very loudly, "My God, the Principal of a High School and can't even gut a hog!"

It is all about perspective, I guess.
My ideal job is doing the cuts of meat lol 😂 alot cleaner
B

But the scraping is a PIA and that gutting part is not easy.
I agree we should have a big hog Killin at my house everyone come on up and grab a scraper

Latest posts