hog hunt...

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58":3fsx5jt6 said:
I don't think he really put much of a dent in the pig population there.

Ken

Didn't phase them I caught 78 last year can't tell by the sign. Building a panel trap right now can't keep the deer out of the box traps.
TAMU actually has a biologist for hog control, he states if you have a 100 you have to kill 80 a year to stay even.

Caustic Burno":4xilrp2o said:
wbvs58":4xilrp2o said:
I don't think he really put much of a dent in the pig population there.

Ken

Didn't phase them I caught 78 last year can't tell by the sign. Building a panel trap right now can't keep the deer out of the box traps.
TAMU actually has a biologist for hog control, he states if you have a 100 you have to kill 80 a year to stay even.

... and that's not counting fill in from neighbors. They have a large range.

Trapping 43 in one week is my weekly record.

I hauled 70 something to a licensed buyer in Lingleville. I think it averaged out to about $28 a piece. Some of them I had fed for two weeks. Then there was fuel cost. Lots of time too. I didn't make much money.

People kept telling me to just call them when I had hogs in the trap. I did. Again and again. One guy took 9 of them. Eventually I exhausted out the takers.

My cousin's son has a couple of my traps now and he's having fun with it.

Money well spent I'm sure, but I give like $1.15 per shell for 00 buck shot. He spent some cash on that expedition.

Bigfoot":31hfj8vq said:
Money well spent I'm sure, but I give like $1.15 per shell for 00 buck shot. He spent some cash on that expedition.

I have shot my fair share with a load of double aught. If you don't get behind that shoulder in the rib cage it just rolls them and they bounce right back up and run off.

Had about 25 rooting the yard up a few years back. So I set the shotgun by
the front door. When I heard them I eased the door open and busted a big boar at about thirty steps. He fell over like one of those fainting goats while the other 24 decimated my fence on
the other side of the driveway.
Took me two days to put all the fence back right. A couple weeks later caught that boar in a trap with the prettiest buckshot pattern sores on that front shoulder.
I showed them hogs.

callmefence":2yn0t5wz said:
TexasBred":2yn0t5wz said:
That ol' boy ain't the best shot in the world either.

Got a nice smooth field though.
Don't see many you could drive across like that here.
No joke. I was expecting to see that thing go airborne just any minute.

Latest posts